Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
10th May 2007 – JEFF BECK AWARDED BLUES ARTIST OF THE YEAR AWARD

Jeff was honoured at the Ronnie Scott’s Awards on Monday in London where he picked up an award for
Blues Artist Of The Year. He was presented his award by Jools Holland and performed,
‘Goodbye Pork Pie Hat’ / ‘Brush With The Blues’ during the show. Other guests at the show included
Jamie Cullum and Mica Paris. For more information, visit www.ronniescotts.co.uk
=
Jeff Beck drove his Hot rod down to our regular meet last night.
He does not like publicity and shuns the limelight but I managed to catch him off guard and he agreed to
a pic with my True Blue Bullitt #4576.
I said, "Can I have a pic of you with my car?"
He said, "These are fast."
He later left in his real steel hotrod after shorting the started solenoid with sparks flying everywhere
to get it going.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Wow, very cool Bob!

·
Premium Member
3,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Jeff Beck

Jeff Beck isn’t your typical guitar legend. His goal, in fact, is to make you forget that he plays guitar.

“I don’t understand why some people will only accept a guitar if it has an instantly recognizable guitar sound,” says Beck. “Finding ways to use the same guitar people have been using for 50 years to make sounds that no one has heard before is truly what gets me off. I love it when people hear my music but can’t figure out what instrument I’m playing. What a cool compliment.”

Beck burst onto the music scene in 1966 after joining the Yardbirds. Although his stint with the band lasted only 18 months, Beck played on almost all of the group’s hits. More importantly, Beck’s innovative style heard on classics like “Heart Full of Soul” and “Shapes of Things” helped influence the psychedelic sound of the ‘60s.

At the height of the Yardbirds’ popularity in 1967, Beck left the group and embarked upon unpredictable journey of musical discovery that has lasted nearly four-decades as an Epic recording artist. During that time, Beck has left his distinctive mark on hard rock, jazz-fusion and modern music history.

While many of his contemporaries are satisfied with musical inertia, Beck continues to add to his legacy as an innovator with the release of his 14th album, simply titled “Jeff .” Produced by Andy Wright (Simply Red, Eurythmics) and mixed by Mike Barbiero (Blues Traveler, Metallica), the 13 songs on “Jeff” reflect how Beck’s fascination with electronic music continues to evolve.

Some things about Beck;
  • When not touring or recording, Beck rarely plays guitar. Instead, he spends most of his time working on his classic Jaguars or building hot rods.
  • Beck was asked to join The Rolling Stones but declined before Ron Wood took the job.
  • Jimi Hendrix considered Beck a close friend.
  • Beck did a co-headline tour with Stevie Ray Vaughan in 1989.
  • While Beck and Jimmy Page played together in The Yardbirds, the trio of Beck, Page and Eric Clapton never played together in the group all at the same time. The three guitarists did play on stage together at the ARMS charity concerts in 1983 in honour of Ronnie Lane.
  • Pink Floyd originally considered Beck to replace Syd Barrett after the latter become difficult to work with. However, Beck declined and David Gilmour was chosen instead.[1]
  • Joe Satriani claimed that if he could take a lesson from one player, it'd be Beck, saying "One of the most amazing things about Jeff is that he sounds even more like Jeff Beck today than he did before... He plays a classic guitar, doesn't use a pick, doesn't use any unusual equipment -- yet he sounds more amazing and pure with each outing."
  • Beck's group plays with Donovan on the song, "Goo Goo Barabajagal (Love is Hot)"
  • Beck was to play a song with Guns N' Roses in Paris in 1992 but couldn't perform due to ear problems. He did rehearse on stage with them though. Slash is a big fan of Beck.
  • Beck rarely uses a pick while playing.
  • Mick Mars, Mötley Crüe guitarist, has said his idol is Beck.
  • Jeff has played on the rare blues album Guitar Boogie with Eric Clapton and Jimmy Page
  • Joe Perry of Aerosmith fame cites Jeff as his favorite guitarist.
  • Jeff was due to play as featured guitarist on Mo Foster's first solo album Bel Assis but days before the recording was due to start Jeff injured his thumb working on one of his beloved hot-rods. He was replaced at the last minute by Gary Moore.

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
Very good synopsis of his life and his values in creative music world and his life thus far. We should all be so brilliant. And kudos to you for getting his pic!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts