·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm putting these up for Jimmy Ray. I'll let him explain them. :smile:

·
Registered
260 Posts
First off, my apologies for my ignorance on Mustang Dynos, is there a way to tell if that power was RWHP or flywheel? Are there any mods to this Bullitt? The charts look to me somewhat difficult to read since I haven't had that culture yet. Any specific numbers you can post on these results?

Wisdom is absolutely appreciated!

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
Basicllly the numbers say that, the Horse power at the rear wheels was about 198.... The owner/operator say's on his dyno there is a 25% drive line loss, so with the trusty Cal. this figures to 260HP at the crank on both runs...
Inputs in to the dyno are car's weight 3500lbs (I think 3400 should have been used)and the Hp required to run 50 mhp, which the Operator/owner of the dyno say's is 12HP. To read correct torque the operator would have charged 25 bucks extra and there was 6 cars from the club wanting a turn and there is an extra hook up time and everyone wanted to a run at it.
These pulls are after 3 runs where I screwed up in the car and without a cool down. So the car was very hot.... No Mods and though the paper filter.
I wish 1007 would have done better.... I do plan on trying again later next year and comparing runs at that time using 3400lbs instead of 3500. And trying the power run after a cool down period.
1007 was the fastist late model mustang in Qtr mile pull with 14.7 in my club, beating out a 2000 Saleen S281's 14.8... Again I think the weights are wrong, both cars I think should be faster.
The fastist car was 68 coupe with Ford motorsports 5.0, He broke into the the 13's and the second fastist car was Boss 302 with a 14 flat.
Hope this helps with questions and please feel free with some input to help make my runs faster... At the Track I ran a best of 14.4.

1,169 Posts
Nice to see you had your car dynoed but I would not use that make of dyno again go with a dynojet.The dynojet is pretty much the standard in the industry.I had my car dynoed on a clayton dyno,it said I made 249rwhp i wish it was true... :-B After that i "redynoed" on a dynojet my car was in line with most of the other Bullitt's that was dynoed. My chart is here.

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
Ray,
I aggree, I think there is more power from 1007 than that.

1,169 Posts
You have power just like all of us,that dyno is not giving the real RWHP numbers.

I bet you have 236RWHP..... :-B

1 - 6 of 6 Posts