Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the Bullitt for a test run,with Innovate unit hooked up, usual 3rd gear WOT.
Found that it really richened up the A/F ratio from my previous 12.8- 12.6 area to 12.2's. Curve is not as flat either.
My previous setup was my Ram Air hood scoop setup,going into my modified stock air box,which still had the MAF screen installed.
Now if the new CAI,is moving a greater flow of possibly cooler air,since it is a much larger,straighter air path,with larger filter area,should it not be maybe slightly leaner? Could be it may need the screen?
I can go in and lean the mixture,but wanted some input from those who use this system and had a dyno A/F check before and after install.
It did seem to rev a bit faster up thru 5000 RPM.

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Made a tune correction...Took out 2% fuel and added 1 more degree timing in the 2000-4000 RPM range WOT. A nice flat A/F curve now 12.8 thru 12.7 with 12.64 at the top end of test range..5000 RPM in 3rd gear.
Cooler weather,test temp 90F, will lean it a touch better.
Later,a test at the track,for MPH,will tell the story!
Also,a check of the Intake Air Temp,shows 104F sitting a traffic light,100F at 40 MPH cruise and 92 after short WOT run in 3rd gear up to 5000 RPM. Didn't have chance to look at speedo,too much going on!

·
Registered
286 Posts
Mus408 said:
Made a tune correction...Took out 2% fuel and added 1 more degree timing in the 2000-4000 RPM range WOT. A nice flat A/F curve now 12.8 thru 12.7 with 12.64 at the top end of test range..5000 RPM in 3rd gear.
Cooler weather,test temp 90F, will lean it a touch better.
Later,a test at the track,for MPH,will tell the story!
Also,a check of the Intake Air Temp,shows 104F sitting a traffic light,100F at 40 MPH cruise and 92 after short WOT run in 3rd gear up to 5000 RPM. Didn't have chance to look at speedo,too much going on!
what are you tuning it with... im about to get a jlt a tuner and a few other things

1 - 3 of 3 Posts