Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever tried cutting the tube on their JLT to have the air filter rest where the factory filter was?? I'm wonderin if that would make any difference, better or worse.

Figured I'd ask before I go a hackin......

·
Registered
203 Posts
well the reason that it is down in the fenderwell is to take in air outside of the engine compartment that is cooler...so i cant imagine it would be any better...

·
Premium Member
1,739 Posts
4fit? said:
JLT makes a cold air kit (filter in fender well) and a ram air kit (filter in close-to-stock location). If you are dead set on this, then I would recommend selling your cold air kit and just purchasing a ram air kit.

JLT True Ram Air Intake (2001 Bullitt)
that picture looks familiar. That was 2180 a long time ago. And yes the colder air did provide about 8RWHP difference on the dyno! Over the set up you see above.

·
Premium Member
3,510 Posts
You are lucky to be able to fit mods and not have to worry too much.
My Bullitt fails the yearly test here with the JLT on it.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well well well well well. I didnt know JLT made a shorter setup. I figured that keeping the filter in the stock location, with a straighter and shorter path, might work better. Proven wrong I guess. Thank you fellas very much.

Ahhhh dreaded emission testing. Bummer. I, fortunately (some would say), live in an exempt county....ooooh yeah.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts