Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my jlt cold air kit and the installation instruction say to remove the maf screen. What do you guys think? anyone have any info?

Isn't that screen there for a purpose.

Thanks for your help

·
Registered
18 Posts
i removed it on mine and on a buddys gt as well with no problems.... basiccally they tell you to remove it so that your car can get maximum hp because if you look at the screen it consistes of very small holes for the air to go through and that basically causes restriction...but with all that said you dont have to remove it if you dnt want it will run with or with out it. but you will probly pic up a little more hp without it.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that info

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
The screen works like a comb for the air. It makes the air charge strait so the maf can get the most accurate reading. I have a read an article in mm&ff about taking the screen out in a mach1 and they had some problems. You can always take it out and if you have any problems put it back. I think I remember hearing/reading somewhere that the screen needs to be installed a certain way, so you take it out make a little mark so you can line it back up in the future

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have the same JLT cold air kit for about 6 months now with no problems. I don't have the screen installed and no check engine lights or anything (knock on wood). The intake is great.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts