Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After the install of the strut brace, the cold air intake was not breathing right. The extended silicone hose I bought was bent almost 90 degrees. After a few ideas and researching other options, I decided to chop the JLT cold air intake. The small piece I cut off was supposed to be trashed. It ended up being the miracle gift given by the Bullitt Gods.

I then mocked it up, marked the spots for the holes needed, and voila, I have better flowing intake. It’s not cold anymore but I’m sure it’s getting a lot more volume than before.

I hope this helps any of you in the same situation.
Gas Automotive exhaust Auto part Metal Pipe

Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire Automotive design Vehicle

Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior Auto part

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Hood Automotive design

·
Premium Member
6,332 Posts
What you made is similar to the JLT Ram Air Intake which I bought years ago for my 01 Bullitt. It had a plastic textured shield over the filter to help keep hot air out and the cooler air will come in thru the hole in fender well. I liked that setup better because in a rain storm I figured the filter would get soaked If sticking thru that fender well hole. Just my theory.
Mine has worked fine and I’m not sure they make the RAI anymore.(y)
I do not have the strut tower brace though.

Reactions: Frank Bulit

·
Premium Member
797 Posts
After the install of the strut brace, the cold air intake was not breathing right. The extended silicone hose I bought was bent almost 90 degrees. After a few ideas and researching other options, I decided to chop the JLT cold air intake. The small piece I cut off was supposed to be trashed. It ended up being the miracle gift given by the Bullitt Gods.

I then mocked it up, marked the spots for the holes needed, and voila, I have better flowing intake. It’s not cold anymore but I’m sure it’s getting a lot more volume than before.

I hope this helps any of you in the same situation. View attachment 87494
View attachment 87492
View attachment 87493
View attachment 87491
They're very hard to find now (took me several years), but a C&L cast aluminum cold air intake will work beautifully with the Stifflers brace. The upper part is shaped like the stock rubber intake so the bar clears it easily. Had mine polished so it looks great also.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts