Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got the mail and yes I got called for Jury Duty.
First time ever.

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,031 Posts
I have had jury duty twice John. I thought it was "fun" both times. Got chosen for a jury the first time and the second time I got chosen but the defendant chose to take the plea instead of jury at the last moment. I think he got scared.

Does your job pay you for jury duty? That is what made it nice for me as I didn't miss any pay from work. :D

·
Premium Member
18,819 Posts
Have a blast, John. :)

I was called for jury duty when I was serving as a Cincinnati Police Officer. I didn't get out of it even after I stated, "That mofo is going DOWN!" :lol:

j/k...I didn't really say that. :nerd:

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Vicki
I don't know about work pay. Is that up to the employer?
I heard it was mandatory that you receive wages if called.

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,031 Posts
JB said:
Hi Vicki
I don't know about work pay. Is that up to the employer?
I heard it was mandatory that you receive wages if called.
NO it is not mandatory that you get paid if called for duty. It is up to your work place. I am union so my contract says that my employer pays if we get called. :clap: Some bosses are sympathetic to people called and will pay them regardless.

If you find that you cannot afford to stay off work for set time of a trial, you can bring that situation up when you are being construed (?) by the defendant, lawyers, and judge in the courtroom, and then they may dismiss you as a potential juror...

·
Premium Member
18,819 Posts
TwoStangWmn said:
...the defendant, lawyers, and judge in the courtroom, and then they may dismiss you as a potential juror...
Just state, "That mofo is going DOWN!" when initially interviewed.

You'll probably get dismissed.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Cochese said:
Just state, "That mofo is going DOWN!" when initially interviewed.

You'll probably get dismissed.
That should work. :grin:

I've always wanted to say "I hate all (appropriate derogatory term to suit one's situation)" and see where that would get me.

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
I just said, " He must be guilty, they arrested him didn`t they?" and they let me off jury duty.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Bullitt 736 said:
After you find the person guilty send him/her on down here. We have the death penalty. :grin:
YESSSSS ... And we enjoy liberally handing it out to those who so desperately deserve it !!! :lol: :smile: :lol: :wink:

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
I was called to jury duty the past Friday. It was a DUI case. The two lawyers interviewed 12 of us in a group setting in order to pick a jury of 6. The lawyer for the prosecution asked how many of us really did not want to be here. I held up my hand but noticed I was the only one that did this so I quickly put my hand down.:lol: After the questions we all left the room so the lawyers could pick the 6 they wanted. We came back in and the judge called six of our names. Honestly, I thought we were going to be on the jury and we walk out in the hall to discover that we were not selected. I felt like a reject but a happy reject. Interestingly, 3 of us who were rejected taught at the University.

·
Charles
13,300 Posts
We have rehabilitated 405 murderers since 1982. The following link has all kinds of statistics and information on those on death row in Texas and those who have been executed. Life is a very precious thing but read the cases of some of these people. It sure seems to make the needle too good of a punishment for them.

http://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/stat/deathrow.htm

·
Registered
826 Posts
Bullitt 736 said:
We have rehabilitated 405 murderers since 1982. The following link has all kinds of statistics and information on those on death row in Texas and those who have been executed. Life is a very precious thing but read the cases of some of these people. It sure seems to make the needle too good of a punishment for them.

http://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/stat/deathrow.htm
Soooooo, how much are tickets?

Yes, I am politically incorrect.

I went back and looked at Gary Graham's last statement. What a slimeball he was.

Efren Ibanez had his sentence changed to 75 years. People in Houston - remember the Pena/Ertman rape/torture/murders? He was one of the scumbags. I bet you didn't know that he was also the one that killed a kid for his Raider jacket.

OK rant off.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts