Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I the only one that feels like when you’re at a cruise in, car show or meet, that there are a lot of people that truly don’t know what a Bullitt is.....? I feel like everyone that walks by my car doesn’t know what it is..about the history of the car. I generally put my COA in the windshield when I park it and I do see some people reading it. I guess what I’m trying to ask is..what do you do to make your car stand out? How do you get people to recognize the car for what it is? I’d like to hear any ideas you might have. Or maybe I’m the only one that feels this way...

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
I don't care if anyone recognizes the Bullitt for what it is. I bought the car for me, not someone else to admire. If I get the stares, the thumbs up, the question, I'm more than glad to chat but overall, it's of no importance to me.
Lee

·
Registered
46 Posts
I would agree with Spectre's assessment. People usually don't notice (or care) about my Bullitt because I'm usually parked next to my buddy's 68 GT/CS. It doesn't really bother me though. It is what it is.

·
Premium Member
14,556 Posts
My solution is simple...I quit going to car shows. I did for a while, but the cars and conversations got repetitive.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't care if anyone recognizes the Bullitt for what it is. I bought the car for me, not someone else to admire. If I get the stares, the thumbs up, the question, I'm more than glad to chat but overall, it's of no importance to me.
Lee
I’m not looking for recognition nor do I care if anyone talks to me about my car. All I was saying is I don’t think a lot of people have even heard of the Bullitt except maybe for the one that sold for millions of dollars. Part of reason I stay so quiet on here..

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
I like the relative anonymity of mine. Some suspect it is a Mustang but aren't sure and a lot mistake it for an Aston Marton

·
Registered
2008 Bullitt
1 Posts
I find my Bullitt goes unnoticed a-lot. It is stock performance wise. I have found the lack of badges have people thinking its a V-6 and they move on. I had an 03 Zinc Yellow Mach 1 and people would want to race me all the time. But the Bullitt either everyone is afraid or just do not realize the car has 8 cylinders under the hood.

Reactions: Bullseye08!

·
Registered
2019 Ford Bullitt
20 Posts
Am I the only one that feels like when you’re at a cruise in, car show or meet, that there are a lot of people that truly don’t know what a Bullitt is.....? I feel like everyone that walks by my car doesn’t know what it is..about the history of the car. I generally put my COA in the windshield when I park it and I do see some people reading it. I guess what I’m trying to ask is..what do you do to make your car stand out? How do you get people to recognize the car for what it is? I’d like to hear any ideas you might have. Or maybe I’m the only one that feels this way...
They know what I am driving lol

·
Registered
1 Posts
The best part about car shows is talking to people about cars. Explaining a Bullitt is part of the enjoyment. Let's face it, there's no GM or MOPAR equivalent.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I own a 2008 Bullitt with a vanity plate “08CHASE”. Before retiring, I worked at a High School. Students would constantly ask “whats your license plate mean?” A wrestling coach bought a new GT. When I told him I owned a Bullitt Mustang, he asked, “what’s a Bullitt?”😐

·
Registered
46 Posts
I will say that while the Bullitt is fairly anonymous at car shows, it does turn a lot of heads on the streets. I always see people staring after the car as I go by. Maybe the sound surprises them?

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
I will say that while the Bullitt is fairly anonymous at car shows, it does turn a lot of heads on the streets. I always see people staring after the car as I go by. Maybe the sound surprises them?
[
I get the same reaction. Minimal notice at shows. Has never won a thing, but that's not why I bought it. But on the street, it turns alot of heads, but again, not why I bought it. I actually like that people can't quite put their finger on why they like it... they just do. But ultimately, I bought it for me, and I love it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2019 Bullitt. When I go to a car show most people don’t even know what it is. That’s fine with me because the car draws lots of attention. That’s enough to keep me happy 🚗🚗🚗

·
Premium Member
2008 DHG #3122
381 Posts
One of the most amazing things happened two summers ago. A woman and her son, maybe 5-6 years old, walked out a store right in front of where I was pulling in my 2008 Bullitt. She just glanced at it for a split second, turned to the boy, and said, “See the Mustang? You can tell it’s brand new because it’s so shiny.” I was shocked she recognized it was a Mustang that easily and Pleased that she though it was brand new!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I completely agree, but it really doesn't bother me too much. Most I assume think it's a 6 banger, but yet stare at the color admiringly. The few that know, love it for what it is. 75% plus of compliments are the color of the car. When I start it up, those that weren't too impressed, do a double take and give the thumbs up. I personally like flying under the radar for the most part, but sometimes feel cheated that I just have a basic everyday Mustang. Too make stand out? Make that baby shine. The DHG will draw them in, and you will get questions. Unfortunately, due to life happening, Mine (#3056) will be going up for sale....Enjoy that car! Keep it clean, do burnouts, and smile!!

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
The average person/driver don't really seem if notice anything other than it is a Mustang and the color. But for those "in the know" these are considered Special cars. One car show I went to had a number if other Mustangs (lots of Shelbys, CS, etc) but only one Bullitt. For the Mustang owners, the Bullitt was the real talk because they rarely saw one. It is almost like being in a 'secret club'. Those in it, really appreciate the cars. Those outside just scratch their heads trying to figure it out. They just know there is something different about it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts