Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I've been sitting here reading and reading and reading everything I can find about the Bullitt while waiting (Thursday is the day!!!!), I've come to one conclusion. The true motor heads among you have quickly figured out that A) The HP/TQ ratings "officially" put out by Ford are likely to be a bit low. Also, the performance difference between the GT and Bullitt is more than you would expect looking at the peaks due to the shape of the torque curve. I had started to learn alot researching mods for my old 'Bird, but I've really gained a greater understanding of how well different engines put power to the ground since reading up on the Bullitt. Still, I'm hardly qualified to go over and call BS on all the people saying it's just another GT since I lack the experience, and I haven't even driven mine yet. However, I'd imagine some of you might be up to it...

http://www.fordvschevy.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4583

:smile:

Joe

·
Registered
394 Posts
I nominate 1NastyFordGT to represent the BULLITTCLUB forum and leave an eloquent reply over there at fordvschevy.com.

He seems to have a way with words!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Or Catsmasher... I always seem to agree and crack up laughing at the same time when I read his posts.

·
Registered
393 Posts
guys, to tell you the truth, those comments were pretty tame compared to the posts I've seen on other 'stang boards. The 99-01 GT owners usually throw out the worst venom of all. It's just plain sour grapes.

Their lame argument base is always two fold: the price and "only 5" extra hp. What a joke! Most my GT buds will tell you that the "5" sure seems to make the difference at the track. And I know first hand about the price. My g/f traded in an 01 GT for the bullitt. She paid $23,380 for a loaded auto GT. We bought the bullitt for $25K even.

If you don't think a bullitt is worth $1400 more dollars than a GT, you're in denial. The seats alone are worth the difference IMO. And I won't even get into the obvious performance benefits. Just drive a GT for 3 months and you'll see my perspective.

·
Registered
122 Posts
All anyone has to ever do is drive one. That alone would silence those envious GT owners.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I'm ready to play. My GT's only "mod" is a K&N air filter. Two bullitclub members live near me (Ivan Grozny and Janitorworld) that are still stock (Ivan has a K&N, also).

I propose a little friendly competition at Seattle Int'l Raceway's dragstrip sometime soon. Wednesday or Friday night grudge racing? Sunday street brackets? It's only $25 per car. How about quickest ET gets his entry fee reimbursed by the slowest ET?

·
Registered
452 Posts
5 oh .. you are on brother.... give me a few weeks.. it only has 50 miles on it.... and I need to get my new short throw shifter.. I will keep mine stock untill we hit the strip... YOu will have to give me some tips thought.. never hit the strip...

Doug

·
Registered
144 Posts
Hey, I need a little more practice. How about a contest for safe driving practices (TC on, always use your turn signals etc.) I'll give the strip another try, just don't consider my driving to be the ultimate in Bullitt speed. :wink:

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'll be thinking of that contest during the trip home Friday with the car. (6-7 hours) (I noticed you didn't mention obeying the speed limiit... hmmm.)

Joe

·
Registered
88 Posts
Heya Brian,

It is cool there are at least 4 people here on bullittclub that live so close - you name the day at SIR and we will be there ! I can do either the Wednesday or Friday !

Kurt

·
Registered
280 Posts
Kurt, Learo, Ivan,

I'm going to do my best to go 7/25/01 (next Wednesday) after work. Gates open at 4pm.

Ivan, you've got the most miles on your Bullitt, so I'd love to drive yours down the track (I'll trade you cars for one run). But, I'd want to smoke the tires hard before I pull up to the line so that I can hook up and post a 13.XX in your Bullitt.

If I can't make it, I'll let you all know here. I'll likely go every other Wednesday thereafter.

·
Registered
452 Posts
I will try my best to get down there.... I am on crunch time at work.. but may be able to make it......

Doug

·
Registered
144 Posts
I don't know if I will be able to make it either, but I will if I can. As far as letting Five Oh drive my car, what kind of damage deposit can you put down? Say... $27,380? :wink:

·
Registered
280 Posts
As long as SIR is open Wednesday 7/25 I'll be there. I'm off work at 3pm, and should get to the track by 4-4:40pm. $25 to race. Gates open at 4pm.

It would be really cool to have a '99 35th anniversary GT there so we could have a Feature GT from each year 99-01 (35th, 54X, and Bullitt).

·
Registered
163 Posts
I drive both 01gt and a bullitt love them both, The gt is mineral grey loaded with bullitt style wheels ...And some motor tweaking to the tune of 7500 for a charger. Now the bullitt all us owners know whatthey have , to tell ya the truth i went to the track in both of them and the gt was faster stock it had a few more break in miles on it.13.99 and it was not as hot as the day i took my bullitt down there,14.45 I went back with the bullitt and ran a 13.885 I dont car if it is only a few tenths of a second ... we got a piece of history ...Thats all there is too it ... But my 89's beat em both ... just not as nice to look at or as smooth to drive ... 10.90's and 9.90's both red both 89's if one dont beat ya the other one will ... see you all soon

BDSPONY

1 - 18 of 18 Posts