Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hit3Man i got to tell this one.Put on a power pipe from anderson ford.Washed and dried my son said lets see what it will do. so off to straight back road.While going through town a new red camaro ss pulled beside us.He kept reving it up.NOT one to race in town with an nine year old as my co-pilot.I just kept heading out of town.AT the last light i had enough rolled down the window and said nice car he said it was new and wanted to see what it can do.I said follow me.we went to the local steet drag a long straight 2 miles got the tires hot his friend got out to flag us off.Came out at3300 jump a good car length hit 2nd at 5900 jump another length hit 3rd at 6000 looked for him to start gaining and he did a little hit 4th at6000 glanced at the speedo i swear it read 106 i ran it to 125 then let out of it. he went to get his friend.WE met back in town he said that was all he had.we talked about the cars.Said he didnt know what a BULLITT was. man i love this car..

·
Registered
630 Posts
Great race story and great restraint waiting for the right time to run! Probably something you and your son will talk about for the rest of your lives! Do you know if it was a six speed or auto? SS Camaro's are fast cars and are rated at 325hp to our 275hp.
I have heard the driver makes a world of difference in these situations so you out drove the hell out of that guy that day. Great job, Bullitts kick a--!

·
Registered
586 Posts
Do you think the SS was too new? Maybe they need to break in, too, before they make Bullitt-grade power!

Very nice, by the way. Maybe we should keep helmets behind our seats so our professional composure can be demonstrated.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was and automatic had 3255 miles on it was a rusty red color.Driver was only 18 years old.MY BULLITT has 1002 miles on it.It was fun i was really pumped.MY son cant stop talking about it.Thanks for reading..HOPE to change my sig to [email protected]

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Great story. Even better restraint with your son in the car. I know I have trouble restraining the Bullitt when my 2 year old son is with me. I do get a kick out him though, as all he does when we go for a ride is utter "vroom, vroom..."

Bullitt #2276
No Mods...Yet..

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: donwil on 2001-11-20 22:08 ]</font>

·
Registered
111 Posts
he could not drive, new z28s make more than 300 at the wheels, compared to your 245. its a big difference but crappy driving will do the trick. Good kill i guess

1 - 6 of 6 Posts