Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, me and #5434 just got back from our first dyno session. We drove an hour to Hanover, MA to dyno the car and when we got there a 2001 Silver GT with Vortech and Lightning MAF was on the dyno so we had to wait about 20 minutes. That guy was having a new custom tuned chip checked out. He was detonating and his results were around 325rwhp and I'm not sure of the torque.

Anyway, I made three pulls, two with A/F data and here are the results.....

248.4rwhp SAE Corrected
280.8rwt SAE Corrected

Assuming that driveline losses are 15%, this equates to:

292.2bhp
330.3bt

A/F hovered around 12:1 until 4500rpm and then went south to around 11.6:1 at 5800rpm (can you say RICH).

The relevant mods are: JBA ceramic coated shorty headers, Magnaflow X-pipe w/cats, Magnaflow cat-back, Steeda crank/waterpump pullies, and Densecharger.

I have to say that I was a little disappointed in the #'s...I expected more and was hoping to hit 300bhp (with a timing adjustment, I might hit this). Not to sound like I'm trying to justify the numbers, but the car was still hot from the drive and has only 2200 miles on the odometer.

Well, what do you guys think considering some people are dynoing 240rwhp with NO MODS!?

Thanks,

Mark

·
Registered
144 Posts
Not bad mj, not bad. Have you ever wondered why I have the SEG happy face at the end of my messages? Its becasue of guys like you who have dyno'd your cars, mods or no mods, and the true hp results you got.

I guess that "walk softly, but carry a big stick" has a meaning with us Bullitt owners.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-11-24 14:49, Bullitt 289 wrote:
<snip> I guess that "walk softly, but carry a big stick" has a meaning with us Bullitt owners.
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Hey,

You're from Naugatuck, CT. I just moved from Shelton, CT to Chelmsford, MA back in July. Where did you buy your Bullitt from? My dad lives in Shelton and after driving my Bullitt, he looked for one but couldn't find one so he bought a 2001 Black Cobra. That's a nice car too.

·
Registered
144 Posts
mj: I bought my car at Dowling Ford in Cheshire. Car had to be ordered, almost didn't get one because dealer is not a high volume Mustang dealer. They sell probibly the mose Fords in CT, but not Mustangs.

CAr is now happily garaged in Orlando - means I can drive it when all that snow appears inNew England :-B

1 - 5 of 5 Posts