Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just closed on 2008 DHG 2912. Only 38K miles on it.

Gotta wait a bit longer to drive it because of the Mass DMV delays due to the Chinese Flu, but I'm really excited to get in and drive!

Already bought a mini jack spare kit for it too! I didn't realize the Bullitts didn't come with a spare.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. This is my second Bullitt as I owned a 2001 (DHG 294) that I ordered back in 2000. I sold that one back in 2004.

·
Premium Member
482 Posts
Just closed on 2008 DHG 2912. Only 38K miles on it.

Gotta wait a bit longer to drive it because of the Mass DMV delays due to the Chinese Flu, but I'm really excited to get in and drive!

Already bought a mini jack spare kit for it too! I didn't realize the Bullitts didn't come with a spare.
WOW! A great low mileage garage queen. The previous owners saved so much for you. DRIVE IT and ENJOY! You will smile each time you crank it. The S197 Bullitt is a true Driver's Ride!

Congratulations on your first mod of the spare tyre kit. You must be an old scout, being prepared. I started on the same mod path...

Welcome to IMBOC and BullittHeads!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks. Not a lot of Bullitts on the road in Mass. I think I can count on one hand the number of times I've seen an '01 or 08-09's.

As far as the spare, it seemed like a no brainer.

A couple if years ago the wife and I were on our way to dinner in my old G37X Sport when we hit a giant crater (aka as a pot hole up here in Mass). Fortunately there was a gas station about a 1/4 mile up the road where there were about 7-8 other cars that had also just hit the crater. Most were guys and most were standing around waiting for AAA to show up. While they came over to talk to me I quickly got started on changing the tire. After no more than 10 mins we were on our way. My wife said "Wow! You were like one of those NASCAR pit crews!". Not my first rodeo I said.

I've also got a boat so I hate the thought of not being prepared for an issue (and there's always an issue right around the corner!).

·
Premium Member
13,779 Posts
"Be prepared"...the boy scout motto. I too did not like having just an air pump and goo. So, to a local wrecked-em yard I went. Got the spare, jack, and other tire changing bits from a wrecked GT Mustang. 17" donut spare...the entire set up cost a $100 bill. This before I joined here and learned of the full sized spare trick. Oh well, I figure what I got should allow me to limp to a tire shop. Never needed any of it in the 11 years I've had the car...

Doug..welcome aboard!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts