Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks. I'm new to the forum. I just bought Bullitt #4026 and can't wipe the grin off my face. After a long search, I found #4026 at a Ford dealership in western North Carolina. The car has been beautifully maintained. The previous owner serviced it regularly at his local Ford dealership and did provide a reproduction window sticker. The only blemish on the vehicle is the heavily oxidized third brake light (which I understand is a common problem). I ordered an LED replacement for it yesterday, which should be in this week. I also ordered the brushed stainless steel MUSTANG inserts. The car has 39,000 miles on it and looks more like 9,000. It was well worth the 8 hour trip to go purchase it. Oddly, I had just walked away from one in Virginia with only 13,000 original miles. However, it looked like it had those miles put one a quarter mile at a time. It had obviously been wrecked (though the Car Fax was clean) and the owner had modified it to the point that it had lost its charm (in my opinion) and become more of a drag strip queen. I'm glad I walked away, because it led me to #4026. I only expect to drive it about 2000 miles per year. It will be babied.

Did I mention that I can't wipe the silly grin off my face?? :grin:

-- This is an automatically generated IMBOC.com message --

This is my first post. My Welcome thread is here. Please post all my welcome messages there.

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
Cool! Welcome!

·
Premium Member
2,330 Posts
Congrats! Welcome to the club...the fun is just beginning for you. You'll have to join us for our next Bullitt National's.

You are like most buyers right now...looking for an unmodded/unmolested Bullitt. That's the way to go.

Once again, congrats and welcome!

Cheers,
Steve

·
Registered
923 Posts
Welcome aboard! I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoy mine!

·
Registered
259 Posts
congrats on the Bullitt

I bought #4392 in Aug. of 05 and I still have the grin on my face :cool:

·
Premium Member
4,639 Posts
Welcome to the club and congratulations on the purchase!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the warm welcome. I'm sure I'll be on here more often as time permits. When the weather gets a little better, I'll get the third brake light and the stainless inserts on her. Then I'll take some pictures and post them here.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I bought mine in April of 2005 and after driving it like I stole it for two years and over 25000 miles it started to lose its luster. I put some new tires on it last week and Crikey. It handles like dream again!!! I guess having slicks all the way around hindered my driving experience.LOL!

·
Registered
7,977 Posts
Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the club. Enjoy !!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Welcome ! I went through the same thing as you when I found 4592.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Just bought #3327 Feb10.True Blue with only 20,000 miles.I know all about the grin thing,it feels great.My problem is snow,I live in north west indiana.I haven't even driven it yet.When I do i'm sure the grin will grow.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
I have had that grin for 3 years. The Bullitt changes your face forever.

·
Premium Member
1,420 Posts
Did I mention that I can't wipe the silly grin off my face?? :grin:

Ahhhhhhhhh...:D..I know the feeling all too well....in fact, everytime I turn the key! :lol:
Congrats and welcome to the club!

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
Welcome and keep yur eyes opened for Bullitt get togethers in the south.

·
Premium Member
6,281 Posts
WELCOME, FELLOW BULLITTHEAD!

Photos ..... photos ...... gotta post photos of that gorgeous car.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts