Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking for a Bullitt for a few months, and today I believe I got a great car and an incredible deal! Bought the car from a nice guy down in Louisville, IL and I could tell it was killing him that he had to sell it. He told story after story about the car and he even stood in the rain waving goodbye as I drove away with his baby. (Its a rare event that a large, sturdy truckdriver stands in the rain waving goodbye)

He says today was the first time the car has seen rain (and the snow for that matter - crazy Illinois weather.) 31,000 miles on it, paid $12,000. It's as stock as stock can get and in perfect condition. I look forward to taking care of this car, personalizing it, and enjoying all that Ford has built into these cars!

I'm excited about participating in all that is Bullitt!

Thanks for the helpful info and advice you all have shared on this site!

-Jason

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,068 Posts
Yeah Jason! You sound pumped! Hey, edit your profile now and put your Bullitt's ID # and color in there for us, OK? Contratulations! :clap:

·
Registered
7,977 Posts
Well congrats on the purchase and best of luck with it.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Fierce buy! Enjoy your beast! Bullitts rule!

·
Registered
967 Posts
Congrats. Now get rid of the shifter (search on IMBOC for how HANK "the man":cool: did his install) and you will REALLY love it. I followed his instructions/pics to the letter and it was a walk in the park.
Welcome!
R/T.J.

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
As said above replace the shifter, first mod I did and what a BIG difference. I have the tri-ax and like it.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
12k is a great buy! Enjoy it. I have Bullitt4204, so close in number.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Cleanzx3 - yes I did buy this from Larry. I could tell he hated to sell it. I felt kinda bad about it (for about a minute). And then I got to enjoy the 4 hour ride back up to Chicago that made me forget about poor ole Larry!

How do you know Larry and 4209?

·
Premium Member
8,101 Posts
Welcome to IMBOC...sounds like a good buy on a very nice Bullitt...enjoy!

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Welcome and congrats, Sounds like you picked up a gem. 100% stock Bullitt's seem to be getting harder to find. Enjoy your new aquisition. :)

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! - this seems like a very unique and active community of car enthusiasts.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts