Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I discovered my '96 GT convertible (that I had just purchased, used) had frame damage, I decided that I would replace it with brand new (didn't want to inherit anyone else's problems; and the 0% financing didn't hurt :wink: ). While perusing the lot for a new 'vert, my wife and I spotted DHG #4861 and she asked me "What is THAT?!?". So I explained to her the McQueen story and she was sold; She would give up the convertible (even though it's my car, she still has A LOT of say in what we buy :wink: ) to have this piece of retro muscle.

While waiting for the deal to go through, I've been browsing this board and seeing what everyone thinks about these cars. I had an Impala SS a few years back and this seems to be a similar crowd. You guys all seem to be a little older than the usual Mustang crowd and everyone seems to be educated (no offense to anyone who posts on the MW board, but there are some real dolts there...There are some guys who know their sh*t, but the majority are buckets of rocks) :grin:

So as of yesterday, I'm the proud owner of a Bullitt, and I couldn't be happier with it.

I'm sure you'll see quite a few posts from me, both to provide information as well as request it. And hopefully we can start attending some events and show off these awesome cars.

DHG #4861

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: retromuscle on 2001-10-09 13:45 ]</font>

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Welcome John!
Convertibles have a certain charm but this car (as all true muscle cars) really need the hard top. You and your wife have excellent taste. My wife, by the way, likes my Bullitt better than the '97 convertible Cobra I used to have...and so do I!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Nice job and welcome to the club!

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay, where's the registry?

I also updated my profile... Sort of forgot about location :smile:

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,045 Posts
retromuscle/John: I already got you listed in the Registry. FYI It is in the Forum "Bullittproof".

BTW I like your name! :smile:

Vicki

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-10-09 13:38, TwoStangWmn wrote:
retromuscle/John: I already got you listed in the Registry. FYI It is in the Forum "Bullittproof".

BTW I like your name! :smile:

Vicki
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

That's because I'm retarded... I have #4851, not 4861. Guess serial numbers are NOT the place for typos, eh? :wink: I have since corrected my mistake (both the post and my sig).

Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Good to have you with us.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Welcome to the club, you're gonna love it here. Feed the Bullitt obsession...:smile:

:bullitt:

·
Registered
153 Posts
Welcome to Bullitt World. Its a great place to spend some time!BlackBullitt #1768

1 - 12 of 12 Posts