Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been curious since I bought my bullitt as to how the cobra compares. There are no SVT dealers in my town so I took a drive to one about 40 miles away. Ford is offering $0 down and 0% for 60 months on the remaining Cobras. Hmmmm? Should I trade the Bullitt?????

Well guys, we all picked a winner!!!!!!!! The cobra has little low end torque, does not look as good as the bullitt, is not as comfortable - and heck! I was not impressed.

I know my bullitt is an average runner(compared to other bullitts), but it can smoke the rear skins from a slow roll just by pressing the gas (no clutch drop necessary). The cobra seemed flat untill 4000rpm. The cobra needs 4.10's or better to have the same off the line pull.

The bullitt is really the best GT ever.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I feel the same. I drove the new Cobra and was not impressed. Don't get me wrong, the cobra is nice but it's no bullitt. I saved money over the cobra and got a piece of Americana. No regrets.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Long, long story but i did end up with a cobra. do i like it as much? no. I did end up saving money but only because of the 0 financing. i had the bullitt for 2200 miles and loved every minute of it. got the cobra this past tues and still not thrilled with it. wife and 16 year old like it better. still not my bullitt though. elanore. the perfect name for her. ran like hell. just couldn't hold on to her. enjoy. i'm dhg with envey. don't really know if i belong here anymore or not. i do in my heart though.

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,045 Posts
So, biteourbullitt, I guess I take your Bullitt # out of the Registry here then? #4556....

If anyone decides to sell their Bullitt, God forbid, :sad: please let us know so we can take it off the registry and then hopefully get the new Bullitt owner here with the #...

Thanks, Vicki

·
Registered
172 Posts
to bite our bullitt-what did they give you in trade for your Bullitt.Was the amount an actual cash value or off of the full retail.How much was the trade difference?Thanx

·
Registered
65 Posts
I too was interested in possibly trading in the bullitt for the cobra. They were willing to give me 21,200 for the bullitt w/4k miles on it. They wold only take 500 off the list price 2001 black cobra coupe. I have only had the bullitt for 2 months, I would be taking a pretty good hit, if I jumped into the deal. When looking at the two(not biased at all) the bullitt is hands down better looking then the cobra.I had the two side by side and could not believe how much muscular and cleaner(lines) the bullitt looks. Now if this bullitt had the dohc w/ 4.56 gears we would have one hell of a car. well enough ranting.

·
Registered
21 Posts
yes maam. I guess you should take her out of the registry. no i did not trade her. after having her for three weeks the dealer (i won't name them) called and said financing was a problem. didn't sound right so i called another dealer and they had one. ran my credit and approved. no problem. except before i got ther with $ they sold it. only thing they had were gt's and 3 cobras. i took the zinc yellow one. the cobra seems to run well and handling is good. elanor was much better looking. kinda like a hotrod.

·
Registered
721 Posts
We lost just one Bullitt owner. Not too bad. But then again only one person decided to eat the apple. Look what happened. Sorry to lose you, but maybe some day you'll come back to us. You are the weakest link......Goodbye!

·
Registered
21 Posts
one other thing. i have the invoice and paid 500 over invoice for the cobra. coupled with the 0/0 it was a good deal. dealer is in southern ohio..tri county area. oh yea..i'm trying to talk the wife into letting me take the handle off the rear. enjoy your cars everyone.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Sorry to hear that B.O.B.! It would be one thing if you wound up with a Cobra and were happy to make the switch. OTOH, it's sad that you didn't really want to let it go! :sad:

Joe

What is up with this??? :

<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>You are the weakest link......Goodbye! </BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Talk about kicking a guy while he is down!

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Would more cobra owners have bought a bullitt if they would have test drove one before the cobra?

Probably not, some people just like to say i drive a cobra and some a bullitt.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Growing up in a Ford family, and loving Mustangs since I was a teen, I don't care what year make or model you have.. Your All Right in my book!

·
Registered
17 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2003-07-04 19:36, JoyRide#2818 wrote:
Growing up in a Ford family, and loving Mustangs since I was a teen, I don't care what year make or model you have.. Your All Right in my book!
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>
Nicely put, Sir.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts