Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I removed the drivers side headlight and found a metal tag stapled behind it. It has:

MAN

0764215 35 1
BULIT
If anyone has info what these numbers and letters represent, please share the info.

Bullittboyz

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am trying to find out what these numbers on the metal tag represents. All of you knowledgeable Bullittheads please come forward. This is going to bug me until I know the answer.

Bullittboyz

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
These numbers are primarily to help organize and identify the bodies in the Body Shop. Obviously 'BULIT' represents that it is a BULLITT body. I can't remember what all the numbers stand for. I will have to check and get back to you.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Mr.T: Knew we could count on you!!! Thanks a mil. By the way, visited the Henry Ford museum. What a place. Got a supply of Oscar Mayer Weiner whistles. :-B

·
Registered
65 Posts
Mr T: I guess the person in the Body Shop who installs the side scoops can't read or maybe just needs new reading glasses. Otherwise, the person would have installed the correct Bullitt side scoops on #2371. Instead, it has the 2002 GT type scoops. According to the build sheet, #2371 was even built on a Thursday. Anyhow, thank you Mr T and please continue to keep us correctly informed.

·
Registered
694 Posts
One thing I have wondered about is ..... at what point in the building process is the Build Sheet printed. My Build Sheet says it was printed at 13:09 on Wednesday afternoon May 16th. So, did they print it at the start of the process or when? Also, how long does it take to assemble the car...... I presume that it takes a few days while a lot of it is waiting time for the next part of the assembly line to open up.
Any information on these dumb questions would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
Steve M's Bullitt, Side scoops are actually not installed in the Body shop. For normal Mustang's, they are one of the last items installed on the car on the chassis line. For the Bullitt, they were installed in the Paint shop to help insure a clean environment for improved tape adhesion.
What may have happened to your car is that they were missed in paint, and when the car came down to the Trim/Chassis, a different operator assumed it was a GT when they saw the wheels and side scoop. This is by no means acceptable, just a possible scenario.

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
Bulittt,

Okay. I sort of explained this before, but I will try to give a more detailed explanation.
A Mustang's life consists of 3 major independent steps.

Step 1: Body Shop
Simply put, this is where all of the sheetmetal is weleded up and installed. The hole for the Manual transmission is plasma cut, and the SMC hood and Decklid are installed. The car then moves to paint.

Step 2: Paint Shop
The car is E-coated and receives it's basecoat of paint color and clearcoat layer. Spot repairs are accomplished. Panel replacements occur if necessary. One unique item on Bullitt's and Cobra's is that many of you may not know is that they have the engine bay and underhood clearcoated also. The Bullitt also had the Side Scoops installed. The cars now move to an intermediate holding area.

Step 2.5: ASRS building
This is where painted bodies reside. They sit in a holding pattern until called upon. They could sit here for hours or potentially days.

Step 3: Final Assembly
This is where the car is assembled. All of the wiring is installed. The Instrument Panel is built up. Certain parts of the engine is built up prior to installation. The Axle is built up prior to installation. This all comes together prior to the car coming off line. The Final Assembly portion takes roughly 8-9 hours.

To answer your question, the build sheets are printed just before the car enters the final assembly area. Hope that helped. :smile:

·
Premium Member
502 Posts
Mr. T,
At what point in the above sequence were the "stickers" applied?

DHG

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SteveBullitt on 2002-01-11 21:08 ]</font>

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Mr. T, thanks for coming forward with such valuable info. I have one other question between you and me, where is the other ID sticker located. I promise not to tell anyone if you let me know the location.

Bullittboyz

·
Banned
978 Posts
TwoStangWmn said:
Mr.T back then sure had LOTS of information for us Bullitt owners, didn't he though?
Yes, he DID!

Wonder how the ol' Nickmeister is doing?

:clap:

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
The sheet is found between the foam and metal bumper and the plastic cover as I recall. I've never heard of the build sheet ever being found anywhere else. After all this time, if the car has been on the road used as a daily driver, and used in bad weather, I would bet the visible and reachable part of the sheet has rotted away. It's a very thin sheet of paper and easily falls apart. It may still be up there, you just can't see it without taking the cover off.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts