Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to lunch at one of my favorite places, and parked way out in the parking lot, away from everyone, as usual. Came out to find that some idiot rammed a shopping cart into the passenger side of my Bullitt... :mad: :mad: They are very lucky I didn't see them, they would not have seen my holiday spirit, they would have gotten an a--whoopin!! My car was actually a little uphill from the cart, so there is no way that it just rolled into it. When I saw it, it was up against my rear fender, and I thought that since it was one of those plastic carts, maybe it did no damage. Wrong, it left two small dents, which means someone must have pushed it pretty hard into it. It was obviously done on purpose, what is wrong with people these days?? I've waited about 20 years to get my dream Mustang, and I would never damage someone else's property, ARRRGGGHHH! I am so furious right now... :mad: Thanks for letting me vent. :sad:

·
Premium Member
4,594 Posts
That is just WRONG.

Why do people feel the need to be jerks???
Damaging other peoples property is something JERKS are supposed to get over during their teenage years.

I totally feel for you. I cringe every time I park the car in a public place...you just never know.

And we can't NOT drive it just in case...

so sorry to hear...
:evil:
:mad:

·
Registered
721 Posts
WOW! I can only imagine your anger. Maybe it's good you didn't catch this A#S hole doing it. If you're like me, you might have ended up in jail. Lets hope somehow he (or she) gets his. God I'm pi$^ed right with you!! All my sympathy to you. It could have been worse.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Hey Moljay, so very sorry to hear what happened. I am angry and sad for you. So what plans do you have to fix it? Does the fix look extensive? Again, very sorry to hear it.

P.S. Sorry to bother you at this moment, but did you get my dues for the GA Bullitt Club? Thanks.

Dan

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the kind words, everyone. I'm a little calmer now than I was. It definitely could have been worse, I had to dodge two cars in a parking deck yesterday, they were backing out without looking, I guess. My car is real loud in parking decks, so they must have heard me, oh well. At least I didn't get hit by something harder than a plastic cart. It didn't scratch the paint, so I might be able to get the dents pulled out.

Hey Dan, I did get your check, you are the 12th member of the Georgia Bullitt Club. I sent out the 1st edition of the newsletter today, but I got several undeliverable messages because it is too big, almost 3MB!! Yours was one of the ones that didn't make it. I'm trying to find a way to shrink the file size down, but no luck so far.

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
hey Moljay, i'm sorry it happened too! that 1st scratch or ding is the hardest.
it's probably better you DIDN'T catch the person!

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
MOLJAY,

Don't fret too much about those dings. Just look in the yellow pages for "Paintless dent removal" or "Dent Wizard" They'll have you fixed up in a couple of hours. They charge $40-$60 per depending on the size of the ding.

:smile:

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Sorry to hear your misfortune. I know how you must feel. Why are there so many A$$holes in this world?

I was going to suggest the Dent Doctor, Dent Wizard as well. DON'T have it painted. Take it to one of those Painless dent removal places. You will be VERY happy with their work. I had work done on the quarter of one of my vehicles. You could not tell after they removed the dent.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the advice, guys. I figured they can be pulled out by the paintless dent removal process, and luckily, Dent Wizard is a sister company to mine, so I will probably get an employee discount. :smile: It's just hard to believe that there are people who could do this without any conscience. I wouldn't even do that to a Camaro/Firebird, but I do like to show them my tail lights!! :grin:

·
Registered
596 Posts
Been there done that, but got revenge. I had just bought a 85 Monte Carlo SS and couple of the gang wanted to go to a bar at the mall. Since I had the new car I was voted as the driver. Now, I hate malls and even more the dents you get from the idiots that door bang the hell out of new cars. I decided to park way out in the north forty and got plenty of ribbing for doing so from my buddies. We decided to leave about midnight and walked to the car only to find a rusted out Mavrick (SP?) right next to my car. Mind you there wasn't another car within 200 yards of us and sure enough there was a small ding that matched up with the piece of crap's door. My buddies wanted to trash the car (they were a little drunk) but I disagreed and cut the valve stems off all four tires. I figured he could walk home and think about what he had done. Oh yhea it was mid January and about -10 degrees :lol: . Yes it's sweet when you can return the favor to some di#khead.
Sorry for your bad luck and hopefully some kind of a pay back will come to the idiot that smacked your car.
I might sound a little politically incorrect but I work hard for what I have and I dont like slackers messing my things up out of envy. I'm sure more than a few of you would agree.

·
Registered
109 Posts
One word: JEALOUSY!

Miserable pricks of this world that can't stand other people's joy and happiness feel the need to go out of their ways to damage property...and run away like the miserable S.O.B.s that they are.

This is my 4th Mustang, and all 3 previous (including the Cobra vert) have experienced the scourge of vehicular indignity...the dreaded door ding and/or scratch from some demented, jealous A-holes!!

God help the (inevitable) one that does the first to my Bullitt---and I see him or her.

Call me anal, whatever. I make no apologizes for my feelings on this. I treat my cars---AND OTHERS' CARS---with the utmost care and respect. I DEMAND THE SAME IN RETURN.

Jealous little...

WHEW!...okay, I'm good again.

Sorry to hear about the ding. :sad:

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,152 Posts
A few years back shortly after I got my 69 painted, someone took it upon themselves to scratch a nice X in the trunk lid. Needless to say, it stayed that way for several years till the next paint job (like right now)! She will be out of the shop any time now. We told them to take their time, and they are! Oh well, free storage.....:smile: (Leaves more garage space for Bullette and R)!

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Great news everyone, Bullitt #4584 is once again dentless!! :grin: :grin: The guys at Dent Wizard are absolutely amazing!! I was worried at first, because they had pictures on the walls showing areas of cars that can't be fixed by their process, and that included the location of my dents, the wheel lip. They looked at it, though, and said they might be able to get them out, and wouldn't charge me anything if they couldn't get them completely out. I watched the guy do the job, and he was like a dent artist, he was meticulous in very tedious work. I was more than happy to pay them $100, because you cannot even see where it was hit!! I hope none of you go through this stressful situation, but if you do, go directly to Dent Wizard, you won't be sorry you did. :smile:

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Hey MOLJAY,

That's cool. :smile:

The passengers side of my wife's Saab was pushed in from wheel to wheel by some unknown ahole in a parking lot.

The body shop wanted $1200 and 1 week to fix it. Dent wizard did it in 3 hrs. for $300. They are awesome. I'm glad it worked out for you too!

·
Registered
543 Posts
Hi Jay. We are back a day early. My son's water pump went out on his stang so we left Florida early this morning so I could help him out. He was stuck in Peachtree City. Sorry to hear about your troubles but at least it is now fixed. God help the slob who would do that to my car if caught them in the act. I'll give you a call in the morning so we can plan to take the wives out to dinner tomorrow night.

John

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-12-28 14:55, MOLJAY wrote:
Great news everyone, Bullitt #4584 is once again dentless!! :grin: :grin: The guys at Dent Wizard are absolutely amazing!! </BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Outstanding, Moljay! :-B :-B :-B

1 - 19 of 19 Posts