Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I just got back from my Dad's house where we installed all my X-mas Goodies. Let me tell you that the Densecharger seems to make a definite difference. There is a pronounced change is the way the car sounds and accelerates. I would definitely recommend it. I recieved the 100mm kit and during the install I didn't even bother to try to put the filter through that little hole in the fender.. We Pulled the passenger side front wheel and 1 screw and 2 plastic clips later had almost the entire wheelwell apart.. I would reccomend that anyone else doing this mod install it from the wheelwell.. It is MUCH easier than trying to force it through the hole in the fenderwell and possibly damaging the filter.
On to the Tri-Ax. I LOVE THIS MOD! The shifter takes some getting used to at first but after that it's a blessing in your hand. THe shifter install is really straight forward and the only gripe or problem that I had was installing the MGW shifter handle on the Tri-Ax. The MGW shifter comes with fairly long hex drive screws made to slide through the holes in the stock shifter and attach via some locking nuts on the other side.. Well the Tri-Ax is threaded so you have screw these long screws through with an allen wrench. and it's a tight fit. It took me FOREVER to thread them both through. I opted for the lower holes for the shorter shifter throw so I didn't make it any easier on myself. If I had dissasembled the center console instead of just pulling out the shifter ring portion it would have been much easier and I could have probably gotten a hex head socket on it or a hex driver instead. So that's another thing to watch out for. All in all.. even with the little install hiccups I couldn't be happier with these mods.. Many many thanx to John DeMolet and George at MGW for putting out such outstanding products!! Now I just gotta wait for the nicer weather so I can get back to the track! C'MON SPRING!!!

2001 DHG Bullitt #171

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Blakwing on 2002-01-12 18:57 ]</font>

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
thanks Blak,...i'm seriously considering the 100mm Denscharger!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts