Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,
Some of the ID's start with a "0" and some, like mine, just have the number on it ie, '05338' versus '5338'. Wonder if there is any signifigance in this. :grin:

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
I am thinking they are four digit numbers other wise you could just rub out the 5 and the 8 and now you are the proud owner of Bullitt number 33
Course we have the hologram, little bit of ink and we can make that number anything we want.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Well how about that... I know that mine has the leading "0". I wonder how many people have the leading "0" and how many don't. (I smell a new poll here... :wink: )

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is what I'm talking about...

Notice that this ID starts with a '0' and mine just starts with '5'. A poll, OK, How many Bullitts start their ID number with a '0' and how many start with a 1;2;3;4;5? :grin:

·
Registered
309 Posts
The point he's trying to make is that some stickers have 5 digits and some (such as his) only have 4. Now since we all know that they made < 6000, there was no need for a fifth digit. 99% of the stickers I've seen (in posts and at the dealer) have all had the lead '0' followed by the 4 digit serial number. But 5338's only has the 4 digit serial number! Is this a mistake, or after a certain number did they stop printing the lead '0' (say, after car # 5000, b/c I have 04851 on mine).

As they used to say on Laugh-In... "Very interesting!" :wink:

·
Registered
309 Posts
My guess is they had some Y2K programmer set up the numbering and he didn't want to run into a V10K problem (Vehicle 10,000) :wink: :grin: :grin: :grin:

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Those with the extra 0's in front are powered by the Uranium 235.0 chip instead of the standard Uranium 235.X and make 38,000 HP instead (at the rear wheels.)

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
I noticed that on the new registry that you can't enter the five digit number. mine is 02321

1 - 20 of 64 Posts