Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Well how about that... I know that mine has the leading "0". I wonder how many people have the leading "0" and how many don't. (I smell a new poll here... :wink: )

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is what I'm talking about...

Notice that this ID starts with a '0' and mine just starts with '5'. A poll, OK, How many Bullitts start their ID number with a '0' and how many start with a 1;2;3;4;5? :grin:

·
Registered
309 Posts
The point he's trying to make is that some stickers have 5 digits and some (such as his) only have 4. Now since we all know that they made < 6000, there was no need for a fifth digit. 99% of the stickers I've seen (in posts and at the dealer) have all had the lead '0' followed by the 4 digit serial number. But 5338's only has the 4 digit serial number! Is this a mistake, or after a certain number did they stop printing the lead '0' (say, after car # 5000, b/c I have 04851 on mine).

As they used to say on Laugh-In... "Very interesting!" :wink:

·
Registered
309 Posts
My guess is they had some Y2K programmer set up the numbering and he didn't want to run into a V10K problem (Vehicle 10,000) :wink: :grin: :grin: :grin:

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.