Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2020 Bullitt is a powerhorse. However, my days of pushing the speed and performance limit are fading in the rear view mirror. Thus begs the answer to a question. If just tooling around town or following highway traffic in the right lane at 70 MPH, what is the ideal RPM?

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
MartyM

I hope some of these real drivers will jump in here with a little feedback on the subject.
I'm curious as well. I don't drive it very much at all.
Sometimes I think I only really need 3 gears. :LOL: :LOL:

Larry

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My 2020 Bullitt is a powerhorse. However, my days of pushing the speed and performance limit are fading in the rear view mirror. Thus begs the answer to a question. If just tooling around town or following highway traffic in the right lane at 70 MPH, what is the ideal RPM?
As a follow up, yesterday, took the Bullitt for a 60 mile round trip ride mostly highway. Upshifted at 2500 RPMs and cruised at 65-70 MPH. Surprised to see 24 MPG average on trip meter. Cruising around town nets 16-17 MPG.

·
Premium Member
2020 DHG, performance package
54 Posts
My 2020 cruising at 120kph ( 74mph ), in 6th gear of course, indicates 1720rpm in 'Normal' mode, not that that should make any difference. Nice and quiet, comfortable in my Recaros...getting down with 'The Bridge' on SirusXM, LOL.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My 2020 cruising at 120kph ( 74mph ), in 6th gear of course, indicates 1720rpm in 'Normal' mode, not that that should make any difference. Nice and quiet, comfortable in my Recaros...getting down with 'The Bridge' on SirusXM, LOL.
Jak,
Thanks for your observations. Like the mellow metaphor of relaxed driving to sitting in man cave listening to music. ☺

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
Wind down the windows and listen to the exhaust note.
That will give you optimum rpm for sheer pleasure

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
At my age, the exhaust reverberation is disquieting though I like the idea of having the power available. Compared to driving my Lexus RX when driving the Bullitt, it seems few vehicles tailgate. They seem to respect the potential.

·
Administrator
6,462 Posts
At highway speeds (55mph +), I am in 6th gear for the relaxed, cruising experience. Around town for the same relaxed feel, between 30-40 mph, I'd be in 4th; for 40-50, 5th. However, I typically spin this baby out to 5000-6000RPM for my typical shifts, 7000RPM for the onramp frewway blast to 60mph using the first 2 gears :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
I don't just go by the speed indicated, I also view the terrain and the rpm's. I try to keep rpm's at 1500 or above so as to not lug the engine. If the rpm's would go below 1500 I down shift. Such as when starting to go up a long hill, etc.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts