Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While looking at Camber/Caster plates, I came across Maximum Motorsports "K-Member Brace"

Question I have is this:

How does it compare to a strut tower brace?

·
Registered
393 Posts
I'll bump this. Our cars have a k-member brace. I am sure the mm one is better. And have you thought about subframe connectors. I am going to get the mm ones but I am try to find an installer I trust. I have heard the strut tower brace make a difference but it will probably cover up the sticker. You can also use the search button. There have been many discussions about this.

·
Registered
378 Posts
The movement of our front apron structure is really minimal unless it is under tremendous load (lateral mostly). Our center section however, like all unitized bodied vehicles, has a fair amount of movement. Weld in subframe connectors are the best and most noticeable modification I have made to the suspension. I had already installed Steeda Springs, ST Sway Bars, UPR Upper and Lower Control Arms as well as replaced all the bushings with polygraphite before the subframes were installed. I felt like the chassis regidity really let the suspension 'work' the way it is supposed to. When that flex is removed the car does not have the 'unwinding' feeling when you exit a hard corner. Although I think that the strut tower brace and lower brace are effective, they just do not give you the same impact as welding together the subframes. Sorry for the long post.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
FDWheelMan3687 said:
While looking at Camber/Caster plates, I came across Maximum Motorsports "K-Member Brace"

Question I have is this:

How does it compare to a strut tower brace?

I run the 4-bolt MM K-member brace I installed it on the suggestion of a local club racer. Not knowing what to expect, I was sceptical but once on the car it seems to have proven itself as worthy. After each Open Track event I double check the torque on the 4 mounting bolts and on more then one instance have found retorquing neccasary. Not all will agree but it works for me and IMO looks better then the ST brace in the engine compartment.

·
Registered
656 Posts
A strut tower brace does nothing and is a waste of money. A k-member brace will make a difference you can actually feel. MM camber/caster plates, k-member brace and sub-frame connectors(Griggs or MM) is a good start.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts