Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is installing a K&N filter only into the stock assembly gonna make much of a difference?

In fact, I haven't even cracked open the airbox yet, but aren't our Bullitts already equipped stock with high flow filters?

Bullitt #5368

No Mods, YET!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SoCalBullitt on 2001-11-09 15:00 ]</font>

·
Registered
762 Posts
I don't think anyone of us that posted dyno results here did a before and after with the K&N but I have read other forums where between 1 and 3 RWHP was noted.

·
Registered
88 Posts
What I did was install the filter and removed the inlet rubber baffle on the filter box and trim it more open and closer to the fender wall near the engine compartment to allow more air but still pickup fresh cool air from inside the fender well. Improved sound don't know about the power increase, feel sure its there.

1,169 Posts
I dyned my Bullitt with and with out the K & N i pick up a BIG 1 hp with the K & N. 1 HP is not worth $50 but it's a good filter anyway.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-11-09 15:24, roushraven99 wrote:
I don't think anyone of us that posted dyno results here did a before and after with the K&N but I have read other forums where between 1 and 3 RWHP was noted.

Nice pic Arthur, I thought I was the only one hot lapping my Bullitt.

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
1 hp? Feels like maybe 5 or more. I just felt a huge difference in the way the car roared, floored, and took them roads out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts