Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed my densecharger and now I do not need my old K&N. Will sell for $35 with shipping. Or if someone local wants it I will bring it to them. I know there are few local bullitts and gt's that read the boards.
Email me anyone is interested

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
I have a K & N filter for sale now that I have the Densecharger installed. Sorry to cut price you Silverwolf but, I'll take $25.00 + shipping. 2000 miles on the filter. Any takers?
SOLD! Great transaction.
Bullitt #2759 Dark Highland Green
Mods: MGW tid-bits, Steeda Tri-Ax shifter, Ford Racing aluminum driveshaft, tightened transmission bolts, CDC sequential taillights, Densecharger. 3.73 gears and Georges chip are next.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Y2K16T8 on 2001-09-27 10:37 ]</font>

·
Registered
204 Posts
Have either of you noticed a difference after switching from the K&N to the Densecharger? Was it worth the extra money?

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
YES! The motor revs quicker and now has an incredible mean ass tone comming from the exhaust. Very simple to install (a nod to John at Densecharger). I recommend it highly.

Bullitt #2759 Dark Highland Green
Mods: MGW tid-bits, Steeda Tri-Ax shifter, Ford Racing aluminum driveshaft, tightened transmission bolts, CDC sequential taillights, Densecharger.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Y2K16T8 on 2001-09-18 07:32 ]</font>

·
Registered
229 Posts
Even meaner than the stock Bullitt exhaust tone? Because although I love the way mine sounds, i'm not sure I would want it any louder. As of now, it's right on the edge of getting old on long freeway drives.

·
Registered
32 Posts
wade & gibscreen.....you both have to chat with John Demolet at densecharger.com....I recently purchased a 100mm densecharger from him----the follow-up & knowledge of this man is unsurpassed...call him he is very helpfull
& this is probably the best bang for the buck of all the SOTP mods...gibscreen,you live in the same city as me,come by & check-out my densecharger for yourself..hahaha

·
Registered
229 Posts
I put in an 80mm densecharger because I didn't see the point of doing 100mm since the tube going through the maf sensor was smaller than 80mm. Not only that but you get low end torque as opposed to high end with the 80.

The one thing that my car does after install is it doesn't sound as healthy when i'm decelerating from high rpm (5000 or so). But it's nothing abnormal for a mustang i don't think. I just don't remember my bullitt sounding like that before i did the densecharger.

·
Registered
694 Posts
I am considering a K&N filter and I am wondering what it will really do for the car. Could someone let me know what difference it made to their Bullitt. I am a newbie.
Thanks

·
Registered
33 Posts
Just a little info for you guys. I had e-mailed Art Hyde the enginer that was involved on the Bullitt mustang about his opinion on the K & N filter. His reply was that due to the fact that the filter is oiled it produces some oil vapor in the air induction system and may make the engine light come on due to the air flow sensor picking up these vapors. Just thought I would let everyone know. Haven't seen anyone complain about it yet. Honest Bob

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BulliTT 244 on 2001-11-02 21:02 ]</font>

·
Registered
13 Posts
Great Pictures, on how to install, but you didn't have any info about installing the filter inside the fender. do you remove all the plastic from inside of the wheel well. that looks like the hardest part, thanks on any info that you can give...
BULLITT 3891 DHG

·
Registered
144 Posts
Attach the K&N to the ABS elbow first. Then slip the unit up into the wheel well. You will need to get on your back and under the fender to do this. You can then reach down through the hole in the wheel well from the engine compartment and pull the unit up and through the hole. You don't need to remove anything from the wheel well.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts