Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted some opinions on a replacement air filter from my fellow Bullittheads. K&N or Green? Thanks in advance for the info.

·
Registered
627 Posts
No idea how well the Green brand works, but K&N really don't filter too well..
They do flow lots of air, and will keep birds & small kids out of your engine; not fine dust.

:dhg08:

·
Registered
583 Posts
Are there aftermarket air filters for the Bullitt cold air kit? K & N website doesn't show one?

·
Registered
583 Posts
Has anyone tried these green filters? I agree that the K&Ns flow better but I dont think they filter well. I have had them on Harleys and it did seem that dirt got through. The filter oiling was messy also.

·
Registered
969 Posts
we have had some lengthly discussions about the k&n and the green filter here at imboc. there are members who are using each of them now. you would probably do yourself a favor and use the search function. some good info canl be found.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I recently got the green filter and have been happy with its performance. I noticed a good improvement, however the previous filter had gotten pretty nasty.

·
Car Whisperer
21,377 Posts
Amsoil

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Went with the Green filter, it arrived today, and I just finished installing it. Looks a million times better than the dirty looking gray ford filter. Have yet to get it on the road to check for any performance/mileage gains. Let you guys know in a couple of days.

·
Registered
2019 DHG - K4426
123 Posts
So what are the results of your test drive. What do you think?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The Green filter has been on for a couple of months now, did not notice any mileage or performance gains(my stock filter only 7,000 miles on it). But it looks great, and I can clean and reuse it for a long time to come.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts