Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at the dealer this morning for my Expedition and they informed me that Ford has stated that the installation of K&N air filters will void that section of the warranty on all 2001 vehicles. They claim that they are finding oil residue, due to the filter.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I had my Bullitt in for service yesterday and today.... headlight lenses. oil / filter change.

They did not say a thing about the K & N or denscharger installed.

Ell

·
Registered
129 Posts
I beleive that the dealer told me that any (race style) part installed on the car will void that section of the warranty. However, all other sections will be covered. The box that the K&N filter came in with my Densecharger says for off-road or race use only. This could be thier concern. They probably won't say anything until something goes wrong though. I recommend cleaning the K&N at least every other oil change.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
I have the K&N as well, how do you go about cleaning it?? Never done that before, but it needs to be done soon.

·
Registered
216 Posts
My dealership also stated that the warranty would be voided if I installed the K & N filter. Explanation given was also due to oid residue.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Badkharma,

You can clean the K&N with water out of a hose with a nozzle attached. Do not spray full blast. K&N sells a filter cleaner that you soak the filter in but water workes just as well. Of course you have to let the filter dry completely before re-oiling it!

Do not use compressed air to clean the filter or to dry it as it will disfigure the fibers that make up the filter.

I have been using K&N's on every car, motorcycle, and jet ski I have owned since 1987, and have been happy with them.

Be sure not to over oil the filter. I use the spray oil v. the bottled oil since I can better control the amount applied to the clean filter. Only use K&N filter charger oil.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have used K&N filters in two and four wheelers for years. They used to come without oil on them. Now, they come with TOO much oil on them and they should be hung up in a warm place to drip dry. I have heard that they wreak havoc on mass air sensors, but that is just hear say. If I used one on my Bullitt, I would warm the car up before hand, change the filter, and go out and run it through the gears a couple of times. I used to do that on my dirt bikes or else I would experience plug fouling.

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,051 Posts
MAGRACE: What is the production number of your Bullitt? I don't have it on the Registry yet as you have not posted the number or pictures of your Bullitt yet! :sad:

Vicki

·
Registered
327 Posts
That's funny because Ford Racing makes their own high flow air filter with oil. I wonder if their filter voids the cars warranty?

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The ironic thing is that I heard that the Canadian Bullitts came with a K&N.

·
Registered
203 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2002-03-04 09:51, 5111 wrote:
The ironic thing is that I heard that the Canadian Bullitts came with a K&N.
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

My local Ford dealer sells brand new Roush Stage three vehicles with a full factory Ford warranty. Guess what they have on them! K&N filters.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
I don't know where you heard, Canadian Bullitt's came with K&N Filters mine as well as two others I know of came with the stock paper filters. I will be installing a K&N filter in the spring. I've had them in all my cars for the past 8 years and have never experienced the mass air problem with oil spay. I guess as long as you don't over oil the filter you should have no problems.

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I am not sure where I heard it from, I thought it was from Bullittclub, but obviously you would know better than me. I have never seen a Canadian one. I guess that I was wrong.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I asked about my warranty and using the K&N filter at my dealership and they said that it wouldn't affect my warranty at all.Infact they sell K&N filters at their parts counter and get this their the cheapest place in town to buy one?

·
Registered
137 Posts
I've used K&N in my '89 Mustang 5.0 and my'96 Probe GT and never experienced any problems with the intake and or/ mass air systems. At my first oil change on #490, the dealer installed the K&N for me. No sweat!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts