Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I need to ask some of my fellow Kalifornia Bullitt owners about how long it takes to get the registration completed?

I haven't bought a "NEW" car in decades and am a bit concerned that after almost a month I still haven't gotten my B’s license plates & tags yet.

So how long should this take? I’m kind’a tired of driving around with those annoying dealer plates.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Bret,

I bought my Bullitt on June 11th of this year and received my plates on or about July 17th. So it took about 5 weeks to get mine. I ordered personalized "STEVE08" plates a couple of days after buying the car and haven't heard from the DMV yet. I called them and was told they were running long on the personlized plates. I hope to get them soon.

·
Registered
493 Posts
It varies widely. I bought my Bullitt in March and the plates came in about 4 weeks. When I bought my GT back in January 2001, they took more than double that. Go figure. I thought I just heard last week that Ahnuld gave all provisional state employees, many of whom are employed at the DMV, the boot due to this year's budget crisis so I would count on waiting a bit longer.

·
Premium Member
1,312 Posts
I took about 4 weeks for my plates. On June 30th I ordered personalized plates and was told 6 to 12 weeks. :clap2:

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
California is slow and since Arnold fired a bunch of them and cut the salaries of the rest, who knows how long it will take?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Bought my Bullitt a week before i went overseas for two weeks and the plates were waiting for me when i got home, so about 3 weeks. Actually the lady (finance) that completed the paperwork at the dealership said the process is really quick and can take as little as 2 weeks.

·
Registered
85 Posts
My plates took about a month. I thought it was strange they sent them to the dealer first and then to me. But, now with the layoffs, it will be much slower. The main thing is your plates will already be in the system before you get them. They're issued a number early on so if anything happens (heaven forbid!) an officer can run your VIN or your name and everything will be there. I do it all the time at work.

·
Registered
270 Posts
My personalized plate took about 3.5 months.
After about 6 weeks the dealer contacted me and said the DMV wanted to know what my license meant (4D5 CAL) I explained :rolleyes: and they replied back to the DMV and I then received them 2 months later.

·
Registered
922 Posts
When I bought my GT back in June of 03 it took 3 months for my plates to arrive. That was the longest period I had to wait with any of my cars. My 07 Sentra took about 8 weeks. Shortest was 5 weeks for my fiance's Nissan Versa last year.

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
Park Ranger said:
My personalized plate took about 3.5 months.
After about 6 weeks the dealer contacted me and said the DMV wanted to know what my license meant (4D5 CAL) I explained :rolleyes: and they replied back to the DMV and I then received them 2 months later.
What did you tell them it meant?

I wonder what they thought it meant that they had to ask?

·
Registered
3,954 Posts
Personalized plates take longer....When I ordered mine earlier this year it took them almost three months to get here......

·
Registered
270 Posts
RCSignals said:
What did you tell them it meant?

I wonder what they thought it meant that they had to ask?
RC - I told the dealership the obvious, it's a certain caliber (size) of bullet and therein lies the car/plate relationship. Don't know how dealer explained it.
I think DMV was concerned about gang language and signs, etc. otherwise no clue as to why they "didn't get it."
I don't believe they get paid to think - just input data. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yeah I can understand the personalized plates taking a long time but I'm just talking about the regular plates.

But at this rate I might have the personalized ones (I ordered right after I bought my Bullitt) about the same time I get the regular plates. ;)

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
Park Ranger said:
RC - I told the dealership the obvious, it's a certain caliber (size) of bullet and therein lies the car/plate relationship. Don't know how dealer explained it.
I think DMV was concerned about gang language and signs, etc. otherwise no clue as to why they "didn't get it."
I don't believe they get paid to think - just input data. :rolleyes:
well, yeah, you are in a Gang. :lol:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.