Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a reply to my e-mail I sent to them,couldn't get them on the phone. They said,they left Carlisle Pa. on Sat. evening,due to rainy weather,rats,that's how we missed them! Also they are having some difficulty getting the duct work to clear a part of the intake. I went out and took some mearsurements,and looks to me it could be done on half of the scoop opening. I sent them a lengthy e-mail to keep up the work on it.and offered my help in the project. I have 27 yrs. in toolmaking and mold work,and will make my own system if this one doesn't pan out. Got my scoop center support finished and in place,it really ties it down,used the exsiting center hole from the block off plate. No more flexing at high speeds

·
Registered
252 Posts
Would you be at all interested in producing these center supports for your fellow bullittheads? It seems like the scoop could use a little extra support. It vibrates my hood in a non functional state. I can't imagine how bad it is when you remove the plastic faceplate and allow air to actually scoop under it.

·
Registered
959 Posts
They emailed me back Monday saying they were working on it but it would not be ready until fall...whenever that is. Oh well, I'll put the March Ram air on until the Kraft one is ready.

Brian

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah,I got another e-mail on it also,stating that the BULLITT was a limited production deal,and it WAS NOT ON THEIR PRIORITY LIST! What kind of crap is that? Guess I will get busy in the shop and build my own. McQueen can't wait till the snowbirds come!!!!! The thing is I could never talk to anyone who was working on the thing,only the secretary. I just wanted to know the clearence issues. She told me the air filter box wouldn't fit either. Now that is strange! Funny how they had one on a prototype car way back in March!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mus408 on 2001-06-07 17:02 ]</font>

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lok N Load, I can make you one. But it depends on how much of the inner lip you cut away when you take the block off plate out and cut out the support. You will see what I mean when you take the scoop off.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Mus 408: How much of a lip did you leave?? I may or may not do the karkraft kit. So I guess this is all tentative. Anyway maybe you can set the standard on what to trim and fill a gap in a specialty item market.

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I will get back to you guys within a week....Going on vacation....Wonder if the wife would mind me taking the hood along for some design work?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts