Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today, Kay wanted try something different from the car show seen.
We enterd a SCCA road rally and we took first in the novice, and 2nd over all.
It was our first time, and we beat all these guy's with lap tops, trip computers and other werid stuff in their MG's and Jags and BMW's.
I talked later, to the one of the head guys, and he said it is unheard of, someone going by the seat of their pants doing so well.
I'm telling you it was all KAY, she is a great navagtor. 1007 and I were just her tools.
We would have done even better if the first half I didn't get so far a head of our time. I thought the Idea was to out run everybody. When see saw our score, it was really bad. The other rallyist told us to drive the speed limit and follow the directions. Kay was outstanding she figured out the directions and we didn't get fooled once. She is queen of the back seat drivers because 1007 and I wanted to haul a$$. 1007 did really good taking all the curves, down and up shifts without a problem. Also we had the A/C on all the time some of the MG's wished they did. Oh I really loved it when some slower traffic got us behind and I got a chance to make up time.

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,047 Posts
Wow Jimmy, that sounds like a blast! Wish we had something like that over here! Congratulations to you and Kay!

Vicki

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Vicki,
It was alot of fun, we found out about the event because Kay writes our clubs news letter and she make a point to know all the happenings in the area. Also the Tidwater Car club council has a web site which posts all events. The Councils job is to ensure that differnt clubs don't have events all at the same time.
Maybe if you found a local branch of the Sports Car Club of America they can hook you up.
Good Luck and thanks

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
I would never do well in that,as these Bullitts don't like to run the speed limit. I was busy today trying out the suspension and brakes in the Blue Ridge Mountains,Just plain heaven man!!!!! Oh and many congrats for the big win Jimmy!!!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mus408 on 2001-07-21 22:17 ]</font>

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I told Kay about your trip I think she, wants to go there in the very near future. So you had a great time, Uh?

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ray,
Kay doesn't say a word most of the time but today she showed what she was made of

1,169 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-07-21 22:24, Jimmy Ray wrote:
Ray,
Kay doesn't say a word most of the time but today she showed what she was made of

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Watch it! She has a side you have not seen yet. :lol:

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
To put up with my hair brain ideas, Like buying a closed up ford dearship in N.C. Living in the office area and using the garage area for all our cars and show room as living room with 1007 to watch TV with us.
She probly has to have many different sides. Mostly the NO! one.

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I thought so also. but she wasn't having any of it. I keep bringing it up because I know she loves me, she might just get used to the idea. You know, it will really make him happy. one

67 Fastback

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jimmy Ray on 2001-07-22 18:31 ]</font>

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
nice job Kay & Jimmy Ray!!!
i would have a hard time keeping the speeds to what i was told to also jimmy ray!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts