Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, sorry i know this is an over brought up topic but i'm look strongly at the kenne bell superchargers. What is it that i need? I know they made one for the B. think like a 2.1L if im right? but really im asking if i need anything else that the kit does not come with. and any problems anyone has had.

Also i notice many people install their self is this a big task or what

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
search function is what you need to use....

·
Registered
423 Posts
true true, but seriously, people might tell you that you need the cobra fuel rails and the svt focus pump. im not totally sure but really you have to ask yourself how much power do you wanna make. that will then give you a good idea where to search for answers in the search function. the 2.1 is rated good for our cars because you can keep the stock hood and it bolts in pretty easy from what i understand. the big one like the 2.6 you will need a forged engine so you don't blow up. our bottom end is good for like 450 but i would not even think about getting close to 450 because mine is a dd so i would have nothin to drive if i blew up.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I did the KB in August or so and couldn't be happier with it. It wakes up the car like you wouldn't believe. I've had little to no issues with the kit aside from a bad intercooler pump, which really wasn't their fault, but got it swapped out with a Bosch pump and it runs twice as good. The kit that KB gives you literally has everything you'll need, Bruce and I figured out they give you a couple things you don't necessarily need as well. Just make sure they give you the right belt size and throttle cable, those were my only install issues, also a bolt needing to be cut to clear the idler. I had help with the install so I can't tell you all about it, but Bruce has somewhat of a guide if you want me to PM it to you.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
Dustinlatra08 said:
yea or email it to me at [email protected]
Dusty,
I just e-mailed you my KB write-up. I absolutely love it. It pulls like a big block and the whine is both exhilirating and addictive. The only problems were minor hardware issues. I had a few small hardware items like a bolt, brass fitting, etc either missing or the wrong size. I also got an accelerator cable and upper radiator hose that I didn't need. I used the original accelerator cable which worked fine.

For me it took a long time to install, but it was well worth it. Any second thoughts that I had were vaporized the first time I put the hammer down:lol: ! It is unbelievable! Keep us posted and don't be afraid to ask questions.

Take care,
Bruce

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Blower Critique(s) ???

I enjoy reading all of Yall's information and comments on these blowers. I try to save them all in Yahoo. I saved Bruce's article in it's own place. Very thorough article and very motivating. :smile:

I have been eye-balling the Saleen 2-V blower system for a while but don't know anyone that has used it. Most folks around here that I have seen tend to use the hairdryer-type (which I'm skeptical of).

Did any of Yall ever check in to the Saleen blower for the 2001?

I'd appreciate an opion on the pro(s) and con(s) on this model if possible. :smile:

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
TXBLUOVAL said:
I enjoy reading all of Yall's information and comments on these blowers. I try to save them all in Yahoo. I saved Bruce's article in it's own place. Very thorough article and very motivating. :smile:

I have been eye-balling the Saleen 2-V blower system for a while but don't know anyone that has used it. Most folks around here that I have seen tend to use the hairdryer-type (which I'm skeptical of).

Did any of Yall ever check in to the Saleen blower for the 2001?

I'd appreciate an opion on the pro(s) and con(s) on this model if possible. :smile:
I'm sure the Saleen is a good kit. If it was cheaper than the KB, I would think about it, but it is actually $100 more. Plus, the Saleen is probably built for the GT which would likely require some modification on your part. KB has built thousands of SC, and have proven themselves. If it was say $2,000 cheaper, I would take a chance. Just my $.02.
Bruce

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
hell no on the saleen blower.....any I sure don't mind the "hair dryer type" hahaha

·
Registered
168 Posts
brucebotti said:
Dusty,
I just e-mailed you my KB write-up. I absolutely love it. It pulls like a big block and the whine is both exhilirating and addictive. The only problems were minor hardware issues. I had a few small hardware items like a bolt, brass fitting, etc either missing or the wrong size. I also got an accelerator cable and upper radiator hose that I didn't need. I used the original accelerator cable which worked fine.

For me it took a long time to install, but it was well worth it. Any second thoughts that I had were vaporized the first time I put the hammer down:lol: ! It is unbelievable! Keep us posted and don't be afraid to ask questions.

Take care,
Bruce
What he said...
Unfrigginbelievable performance, any gear, any where in the RPM range, anytime...
And, installation was not bad at all. The Bullitt kit includes everything needed for a complete install. The only thing I needed from my own stash was Neversieze, LocTite, and a few odds and ends.
Get the KB, you will love it...

:cloud9:

David

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.