Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I notice when I washed the Bullitt at the local car wash that it left the bare aluminum, in the engine bay, covered with white spots. I learned from working around aluminum in the machine shop field that to keep it nice looking just wipe it off with a rag dampened with WD-40 or equivelent. This just might work for those who drive thier Bullitts in or around salt. Bare cast aluminum pits very easily. As for me, no more car washes, I'll stick to washing and massaging at home.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not the alum. cast parts, such as intake, front of engine, heads, etc... These parts are not clearcoated, atleast not on mine.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I don't know if the aluminum parts are clear coated or not but I have been going to an indoor carwash all winter and have not had any salt stains what soever. Maybe it does mean there is a clear coat?

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2002-03-31 22:23, qtownbullitt wrote:
Not the alum. cast parts, such as intake, front of engine, heads, etc... These parts are not clearcoated, atleast not on mine.

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

My intake is. If I run my fingers over the intake, it's really smooth and the dirt doesn't stick like it does on my Edelbrock highrise.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have found that once the under hood has been cleaned a spray of 50/50 water and ArmorAll over everything will keep it looking new. Spray on and LET AIR DRY and alum, plastic, hoses, rubber, etc will look like new and be easier to clean next time. I usually do this in spring and fall to keep it looking good. Be sure to protect your air intake and the authenticity sticker from water and detergent when cleaning under hood!!

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
I have used armoral on all of my hoses and plastic. Then all I need to do is wipe it down with a clean rag and it comes right off. When I want the shine to return, I use more Armoral. I am sure that there is something better that Armoral, but I don't know what. I have heard that Pledge works well too. Now if I can just find something to use on the black rubber around the window I will be happy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts