Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dilemma,

I have been offered a Black 07 Shelby GT at MSRP.

Love the Bullitt but like the Shelby... alot!

Can't have both. Wife will shoot me with another kind of bullet.

???????????????????????????

·
Registered
221 Posts
i dont understand this Shelby obsession. They take a stock GT add about $2500.00 worth of parts from the FRPP catalog put that old mans name on it and the sticker goes up $10,000 over a GT, same with the new GT500, 04 Cobra $34k, 07 GT500 $44k. Im only 28 and that name doesnt mean squat to me

·
Administrator
13,266 Posts
JSCBullitt said:
i dont understand this Shelby obsession. They take a stock GT add about $2500.00 worth of parts from the FRPP catalog put that old mans name on it and the sticker goes up $10,000 over a GT, same with the new GT500, 04 Cobra $34k, 07 GT500 $44k. Im only 28 and that name doesnt mean squat to me
Well if Shelby hadn't come along, you would probably not be driving a Mustang. He took the car from a cheap transport car to one of the greatest pony car racers. That is why. And there is more to the Shelby Gt than $2500 in parts. You can expect the new Bullitt to be at least 35K. 04 Cobra had nothing to do with Shelby. Gt 500 is more about paying for the HP than the Shelby name.

When one of the original Shelby Cobras sells for 6 Million, it's more than a name.

·
Registered
878 Posts
I'd seriously think about it but I think even more exciting things are in store for the Mustang in a few years. If you buy a Shelby GT I think the Shelby American club accepts the cars as real Shelbys-but then they don't dispute Shelby made Chargers, Lancers, Shadows, Daytonas and Dakotas.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
What kind of upgrades do the Shelby GT's have over the "regular" GT's performance wise?

I know they get a mild HP bump...anything else?

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Trade?

I would trade since it's a unique car. I bought my Bullitt because not every kid in town has one. A Shelby is a "WOW" car even though it isn't much quicker than a stock 07 Corvette. My car cruise buddy just got a Shelby in Grabber Orange. He did pay over sticker, but he wanted one. He got rid of an 03 Cobra/Steeda with over 500 HP to get the Shelby.It has the Mach 1200 stereo that is unbelievable. It's a great car that stands out from the pack.
IF money is a problem then buy a can of wax and enjoy the Bullitt. I'm into wax...................................

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
ARMY TC said:
I would trade since it's a unique car. I bought my Bullitt because not every kid in town has one. A Shelby is a "WOW" car even though it isn't much quicker than a stock 07 Corvette. My car cruise buddy just got a Shelby in Grabber Orange. He did pay over sticker, but he wanted one. He got rid of an 03 Cobra/Steeda with over 500 HP to get the Shelby.It has the Mach 1200 stereo that is unbelievable. It's a great car that stands out from the pack.
IF money is a problem then buy a can of wax and enjoy the Bullitt. I'm into wax...................................
I think you are thinking about the Shelby GT500, blown 5.4 liter, 500 HP.

The Shelby GT is not faster than a Vette. It has (I think) 325 HP.

It is about as fast as a stock Bullitt.

·
Super Moderator
5,610 Posts
Is that the one Dave P. got in Carl? I heard he got a third one already.

After driving the Hertz for two weeks, I understand your dilema. It is definately a sweet ride and an eye catcher as well. I say either way you can't loose. ;)

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
JSCBullitt said:
agree 250%

shelby is nothing but **** these days to me

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
As much as I love my Bullitt (and at this point in time, I don't plan on getting rid of it), I would consider trading up to something that I would really like to have. My dream Mustang is still the 68 Fastback, so I'm still open to what may come.

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
The new car should be much better than the Bullitt hands down. The Shelby name makes it more popular. Would I trade for it, maybe not, but I have some other ideas spinning in my heavy head.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts

Not the greatest picture but I've watched these things come in and now they're rolling out. Shelby is right by the Speedway where I cut through on the way to work. It's a real sweet looking ride. They're all being delivered by closed carriers too.

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Shelby GT is rated at 318 HP,the old Ford horsepower switch-a-roo...remember the early days of the Bullitt! Just not enough there for me to sell the Bullitt. I like the Bullitt better,and think it would be real close on a road course. Now give the Bullitt equal HP,plus it's lighter weight,and that means big things on a road course!

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
JSCBullitt said:
I agree, it seems like you could add the parts&tune yourself and save a lot of $$$. $10k worth of mods can get you one mean car.

I have a "collectors edition Dodge Shelby Daytona" A 92 I think, I will let go for $25,000 :)

Actually a Daytona was my first car, I loved that thing even if it only had a 4 cylinder, it looked real fast at least.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I just received the new "MyFord" magazine. I did not go through it thoroughly, but there is an article about the Shelby GT. More to my interest, I saw an advertisement about BOSS engines for sale, with much higher horsepower. I recall packages rated as high as the GT500. Drop that into the Bullitt. Boss powered Bullitt, I like the sound of that!

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
NO- I would not trade off my Bullitt for a Shelby GT, but maybe on a '08 Bullitt and most likely on the new BOSS. I'll just have to wait and see when they finally hit the showrooms.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
bucci's bulli said:
I just received the new "MyFord" magazine. I did not go through it thoroughly, but there is an article about the Shelby GT. More to my interest, I saw an advertisement about BOSS engines for sale, with much higher horsepower. I recall packages rated as high as the GT500. Drop that into the Bullitt. Boss powered Bullitt, I like the sound of that!
The Boss motors currently advertised is based on the pushrod design and intended for use in classic cars not modern mustangs. The BOSS motor that FORD will put into the BOSS Mustang is a punched out 4.6 making 400hp also used in the the limited edition Parnelli Jones 302 made and sold by Saleen (as seen in the March Motor Trend "Who's the Boss") Now one of those transplanted in our current Bullitts would be something to consider.

·
Premium Member
2,329 Posts
I'm perfectly happy with my Bullitt. It's paid off, has 33K miles and is in like-new condition. What more could I ask for? Sure, if I had an extra $35K to spend I'm sure I'd find a newer Stang and be extremely happy. The bottom line is this...be happy with what'cha got. So you buy an '08 Shelby GT...then you see a nicer Stang in 2012 and drop $45K...and on and on. No problem if you go the money...go for it!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts