Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
13,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rob (KEMAH CLASSIC AUTOMOTIVE) and Denny with the Space City Cruisers have been working on this problem with the Sat night Cruise in Clear Lake Shores / Kemah. Rob just called and advise me that Target has said that they do not want anyone on their parking lot. Target will be montoring their lots, anyone parking and sitting will be ask to leave. You ask what about the business that they get from all the wives that shop at Target, the statement was made that its a legal issue and there will be no further discussion.
Denny met with the Chick-fil-a owner at the League City Store and he will check with the T J MAX people to see if we could do a Cruise In at the fm 646 location.
If anyone knows of any location in any City, let us know, so we can get some people there to talk with them.
Please PASS ON TO everyone that the Cruise In at Chick-Fil- is SHUT DOWN in Clear Lake Shores / Kemah

If you have any further questions, please direct them to Denny Holt (business Manager of SCC car club)

Denny Holt

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Bummer

Thanks for the information (even though depressing as it is). Please keep us informed of any updates, otherwise it lloks like Otto's from here on out (whenever I can get out, that is). :frown:

·
Registered
31 Posts
1st prob was you asked if you could meet there. Just show up and roll out when every one gets there. Best place I have found is the hooters parking lot off nasa rd 1 the other car clubs I hang out with meet there for galveston cruising and we have had 90 plus cars there. One thing about the houston area is they hate car people my groups have been ran off from many places for doing nothing even if we were going in to eat. Just buy something the customer is always right. LOL

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
I just talked to Kehma police yesterday. Well one of our good friends is a cop and car nut. Anyway she told me that she's heard that there are a some places that she's heard there looking to move it too but nothing in stone yet.
The hooters isn't even close to being large enough for this. Hell on a good night there's 200 cars there.
AND if you don't know what this stems from here's the scoop that I got from the police:
Seems that after everyone had left one saturday night, which by the way is usually 10:30 because all the lights go out at that time, some ricers and such showed up and started doing burn outs and doughnut's so that's what killed it for the rest of us.

·
Registered
31 Posts
That parking lot can easily hold 200 cars lol The lot is right beside hooters

<br /><small><a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=embed&hl=en&geocode=&q=hooters+nasa+road+1+i45&sll=29.526221,-95.130208&sspn=0.005452,0.01133&ie=UTF8&t=h&cid=2958864555940783641&ll=29.525465,-95.129682&spn=0.004481,0.006866&z=17&iwloc=A" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">View Larger Map</a></small>

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Update - Positive

For those that were unaware, the Hooters on I-45 south in front of the Burlington Coat Factory (Nasa Road - 1) is a popular gathering site now after Kemah closed. Several cars there tonight. Some very interesting rides. Numerous rides that were also regulars at Kemah (namely my favorite, the blue metallic 1929 with the BOSS 429 ... :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin: ).

We were also told of a meet site in/near Pearland at the intersection of Dixie Farm Road and Broadway. We didn't go there but was told several folks gather there.

I hope this is properly motivating and is found informative for those that may have not hear anything before. :smile:

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Kemah Is Operating Again

Well folks ... after trying to re-group on I-45 & Nasa Road 1 behind Hooters it seems that short-lived event got shut down. When we went out there we were told the Kemah cruise was on again, so we went out there. I met and spoke to this gentleman who provided this information (below). I asked him to send me an e-mail regarding this cruise and his organization so I could post it here on IMBOC. This is a cut-and-paste from the original e-mail he sent me:

----- Original Message ----- From: Rob Lamy
To: [email protected]
Sent: Saturday, November 07, 2009 10:54 PM
Subject: Chick-Fil-A Saturday Night Cruise-In 11/07/09

Hello to Everyone,

We had a GREAT turnout on Saturday night at the Kemah Chick-Fil-A and Home Depot Parking lot. We had over 100+ cars and trucks come in and out during the evening and still had plenty still hanging out after 9 P.M. when we all packed it in. Chick-Fil-A was on hand with their bovine mascot giving out coupons for free chicken sandwiches and to help us get this cruise up and running again. We have been out here for the past 9-10 weeks and have seen a steady increase in participation with alot of the people that used to hang out here before Target put a stop to it. Now that Chick-Fil-A and Home Depot have allowed us the use of their property for our cruise -in we need to give them a big "Thanks" for allowing us to do so. All we ask is that everyone behave and clean up after themselves and just come out and have a good time. We have put a small list of Do's and Don'ts that we would like everyone to adhear to and we ask everyone to stay on the Home Depot side of the parking lot in the orange cone area so as to not have any problems with Target. Please remeber that if a few ruin this for us then we will not have another chance for this cruise to continue and we'll all be home sitting in front of the T.V. from now on. We must all work TOGETHER so we continue to have fun on Saturday nights. If anyone would like to help out let us know. Please-No Burn-outs, engine revving, profanity(lots of children around), Loud Music, please leave the pets home-leashes scratch nice paint, skateboards or bikes, firearms or drugs/alcohol, hydraulic shows or flame shows-all simple logical things to consider. We hope for this cruise-in to continue to grow with everyones support! Come on out next weekend and have some fun. We'll be on hand from 6 P.M. to 9 P.M.

Rob Lamy
Kemah Classic Automotive
281-678-7171

The Miller Family

1 - 8 of 8 Posts