Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about getting a Kb, but I have question. Is boost only available at Wide Open Throttle or at any throttle position? How much boost do you see driving normally? Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
722 Posts
I don't have one, but as far as I know, it depends on how much gas you give it. If I'm not mistaken, if you're at a high RPM but you got there with very tiny acceleration, you won't be in boost. Kenne Bells - to the best of my knowledge - create boost at high throttle, NOT at high RPMs.

Please correct me if I'm wrong!

·
Registered
987 Posts
KB's r at full boost at WOT doesnt matter where the RPM is.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
They both are correct. The boost is very linear. Like a big block motor. The more you put your foot in it the more you get, power and boost. I datalogged it just under 9 lbs.

·
Registered
7,977 Posts
BC said:
They both are correct. The boost is very linear. Like a big block motor. The more you put your foot in it the more you get, power and boost. I datalogged it just under 9 lbs.
What they all said, its awesome from off idle to redline.
Take it from 2 people who have the K-B, me and bc.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
KB's are nasty (good nasty)......Even if they performed identically to centrifugal superchargers just on sound alone I'd still pick the KB. Throw in the wider torque curve and it's an easy decision...as long as you've got the cash.....:cool:

·
Registered
353 Posts
Two Thumbs Up for the Kenne Bell twin-screw supercharger!!!

The boost builds incrementally; and is more related to engine load rather than throttle position. If it is in neutral, and you hit wide-open throttle with no load on the engine, you will not build any boost.

The Kenne Bell twin-screw superchargers are positive displacement. That means that they move the same amount of air for each revolution. As opposed to a centrifugal supercharger, which moves more air the faster it spins, like a turbocharger.

Two Thumbs Up for the Kenne Bell twin-screw supercharger!!!

http://www.kennebell.net/

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Jim5081 said:
Is that the near verticle line on the dyno sheet?
Actually I goofed, a good torque curve wouldn't be a curve at all, it would start high and stay high. I'd be willing to bet that with the KB it would be a fairly straight, fairly flat line increasing slightly from left to right. The Vortech would probably be more of a true curve. I remember the dyno sheets from the last 350 I built had a really flat but slightly increasing line from 2500 rpm to 6000 rpm where it started at 375 fl/lb and ended at 525 ft/lbs.....:cool:

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
No...

MaineBullitt said:
Actually I goofed,
Actually, I be Goofin'. A rabid KB fan, my "verticle" was just my way of saying that at 2 grand the torque is up there, near peak, no spooling up curve involved. In the world of pow adders there's something for everyone and I just like to cheer for mine.:lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Jim5081 said:
Actually, I be Goofin'. A rabid KB fan, my "verticle" was just my way of saying that at 2 grand the torque is up there, near peak, no spooling up curve involved. In the world of pow adders there's something for everyone and I just like to cheer for mine.:lol: :lol:

I hear ya, if I could change one thing about my car it would be to go KB....:cool:

·
Registered
987 Posts
After putting 3.90's in my car I have been able to increase my tq curve alot. I would hate to see what would happen if I had a KB and these gears...:lol:

·
Registered
722 Posts
All positive displacement superchargers have drop off, so it IS a curve. It starts at say, 300 RWTQ, goes up to a max of around 350 RWTQ, then it starts dropping off to 320 RWTQ (which isn't until around the last 500 to 1,000 RPMs.) Look at my old post:

http://www.imboc.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1797582&postcount=60

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.