Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At long last, my KB blower is done!

I finished up the install yesterday. Due to work (travel), family commitments, and the complexity of the install, it took me much longer than I expected. There were numerous times that I wished that I had bought a Vortech. Certainly, if I was closer to MPH, they would have done the KB install for me.

The weather was stormy yesterday, and I feared I would wrap it around a tree. Instead, I started it and warmed it up a few times to check for leaks, anything loose, etc. It ran a little rough at first, but cleared up after a few minutes. The only real issue was that the CEL went on. After hooking up my AutoTap, I got a P0113 code (IAT). I data logged it, and it read "0". I assumed it was the connector that I "built" per KB's instructions.

Today, I used a different connector and everything now worked. I reset the CEL, and the wife unit and I set out for the maiden voyage. I knew she would be the voice of reason if I got too crazy. With her riding shotgun, I couldn't get on it too much, but did manage a few second to third on-ramp blasts. All I can say is "Oh My God"! I don't know what I like better, the instant acceleration or the whine! Suddenly, all the blood, sweat and tears of the install were immediately wiped away! I know a lot of people would say, "what sort of jack a$$ would spend a fortune on something that requires $4.69/gallon gas, and gets worse gas mileage"?! I have no second thoughts, and would do it again in a heartbeat! Did I mention the acceleration and the whine:lol:

I'll write up a critique of the kit and the install....the good and the bad. Fortunately, it was 99% good, and right now, who cares? This grandfather is very happy!:wink:

Bruce

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
congrats man, now go get a dyno tune

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
brucebotti said:
At long last, my KB blower is done!

I finished up the install yesterday. Due to work (travel), family commitments, and the complexity of the install, it took me much longer than I expected. There were numerous times that I wished that I had bought a Vortech. Certainly, if I was closer to MPH, they would have done the KB install for me.

The weather was stormy yesterday, and I feared I would wrap it around a tree. Instead, I started it and warmed it up a few times to check for leaks, anything loose, etc. It ran a little rough at first, but cleared up after a few minutes. The only real issue was that the CEL went on. After hooking up my AutoTap, I got a P0113 code (IAT). I data logged it, and it read "0". I assumed it was the connector that I "built" per KB's instructions.

Today, I used a different connector and everything now worked. I reset the CEL, and the wife unit and I set out for the maiden voyage. I knew she would be the voice of reason if I got too crazy. With her riding shotgun, I couldn't get on it too much, but did manage a few second to third on-ramp blasts. All I can say is "Oh My God"! I don't know what I like better, the instant acceleration or the whine! Suddenly, all the blood, sweat and tears of the install were immediately wiped away! I know a lot of people would say, "what sort of jack a$$ would spend a fortune on something that requires $4.69/gallon gas, and gets worse gas mileage"?! I have no second thoughts, and would do it again in a heartbeat! Did I mention the acceleration and the whine:lol:

I'll write up a critique of the kit and the install....the good and the bad. Fortunately, it was 99% good, and right now, who cares? This grandfather is very happy!:wink:

Bruce
Awesome Bruce, glad you got it done. I'll trade you rides if we ever get together, I need to experience the KB whine first hand!!!!:cool:

·
Car Whisperer
21,577 Posts
very cool, congrats on doing it yourself...good job!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Congrats!! I know how you feel, when you get it all done and running right it is very rewarding! It is so much fun to drive!

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
MaineBullitt said:
Awesome Bruce, glad you got it done. I'll trade you rides if we ever get together, I need to experience the KB whine first hand!!!!:cool:
John,
I would like that. It would be good to see and feel the differences.

The weather is good today, so I took 4083 into work. Of course I went the long way and burned about a 1/4 tank of gas on what is normally a 12 mile commute. I still can't believe the acceleration. I haven't had that seat-of-the-pants feel since I was building Cobra Replicas. It feels like a big block. I can't believe that I can be loafing along in second, punch it, and the wheels break loose! I haven't even punched it in first yet....I think the tires would just go up in smoke...:badgrin:
I love the way it is nearly inaudible at idle, but has that beautiful whine when you step on it. I'm hopelessly addicted. I have to keep telling myself to calm down. The folks at work kept saying that I was smirking....I just can't get that $hit eating grin off my face.

It was definitely worth every penny and every hour that I spent on it. Like I said earlier, I'll come up with an in depth critique soon. In the meantime, if anyone has any questions, please fire away.

Thanks for putting up with me!
Bruce

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
brucebotti said:
John,
In the meantime, if anyone has any questions, please fire away.
Bruce

Can I have your car?

·
Registered
297 Posts
1510 is next to be KB'd. I got my 2.1L on the way and it should be waiting for me by the time I get back in town... Yum..

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
CONGRATS !!!

CONGRATULATIONS BRUCE ~ !!! :clap: :drool2: :bigguns:

Although I don't own a "whiner" ... I surely can relate to the truth behind the statement of how you forget about the cost of gas per gallon when you feel the raw power ... WHAT A HIGH IT IS !!!

I hope it all holds up and you keep yourself (and of course your BULLITT) all in one piece.

By all means ... ENJOY ... (but please be careful so we dont have to view any "R.I.P" pics of the BULLITT later on).

Again ... CONGRATS & BY ALL MEANS ... WHEN YOU OPEN HER UP ...

G-R-I-N LIKE A CAT TAKIN' A $HIT ~ !!! :shine:

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Bullitt 736 said:
Only if I can have yours. I'll even come get it.
Wait a minute you greedy Bullitt monger-you have 2 already!!!!:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
brucebotti said:
John,
I would like that. It would be good to see and feel the differences.

The weather is good today, so I took 4083 into work. Of course I went the long way and burned about a 1/4 tank of gas on what is normally a 12 mile commute. I still can't believe the acceleration. I haven't had that seat-of-the-pants feel since I was building Cobra Replicas. It feels like a big block. I can't believe that I can be loafing along in second, punch it, and the wheels break loose! I haven't even punched it in first yet....I think the tires would just go up in smoke...:badgrin:
I love the way it is nearly inaudible at idle, but has that beautiful whine when you step on it. I'm hopelessly addicted. I have to keep telling myself to calm down. The folks at work kept saying that I was smirking....I just can't get that $hit eating grin off my face.

It was definitely worth every penny and every hour that I spent on it. Like I said earlier, I'll come up with an in depth critique soon. In the meantime, if anyone has any questions, please fire away.

Thanks for putting up with me!
Bruce
I'll be very interested in your write up- I've been considering a KB, I just need to take the leap= :)

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
TXBLUOVAL said:
CONGRATULATIONS BRUCE ~ !!! :clap: :drool2: :bigguns:

Although I don't own a "whiner" ... I surely can relate to the truth behind the statement of how you forget about the cost of gas per gallon when you feel the raw power ... WHAT A HIGH IT IS !!!

I hope it all holds up and you keep yourself (and of course your BULLITT) all in one piece.

By all means ... ENJOY ... (but please be careful so we dont have to view any "R.I.P" pics of the BULLITT later on).

Again ... CONGRATS & BY ALL MEANS ... WHEN YOU OPEN HER UP ...

G-R-I-N LIKE A CAT TAKIN' A $HIT ~ !!! :shine:
Fortunately (or unfortunately), I'm 58 so I've managed to keep myself somewhat under control. The only thing I'm really getting worried about is a ticket. Heck, I'm "Grinnin' like a cat takin' a $hit" even when I just think about driving it. Today is another stormy day, so all I can do is think about it...:cry:

Bullitt 736....sorry, but John asked first if he could have it, though it was thoughtful of you to offer to pick it up.

John....there were times early in the install that I could have been tempted to give you the car.....that's all in the distant past now...:wink:

Jagwire540....congrats....I'll try to get something out by this weekend. Hopefully I'll be able to clear up a few things for you.

Thanks,
Bruce

·
Registered
591 Posts
Enjoy and have fun. Soon, you'll be planning supporting mods and the grin will just get bigger!

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
4fit? said:
<-----One jealous guy!

Man, I want a KB somethin' fierce!!! Just can't justify spending that kind of cash in the foreseeable future..
4fit?, It's obvious that no normal, sane person could ever justify such an expenditure.....but, I've rarely been called sane, and never been called normal...:badgrin:

Stang4.6, I hope you are wrong about more mods, but you are probably right..:lol:

Bruce

·
Registered
7,977 Posts
brucebotti said:
Fortunately (or unfortunately), I'm 58 so I've managed to keep myself somewhat under control. The only thing I'm really getting worried about is a ticket. Heck, I'm "Grinnin' like a cat takin' a $hit" even when I just think about driving it. Today is another stormy day, so all I can do is think about it...:cry:

Bullitt 736....sorry, but John asked first if he could have it, though it was thoughtful of you to offer to pick it up.

John....there were times early in the install that I could have been tempted to give you the car.....that's all in the distant past now...:wink:

Jagwire540....congrats....I'll try to get something out by this weekend. Hopefully I'll be able to clear up a few things for you.

Thanks,
Bruce
58 huh? Hell I'am 62 gotta love the whine :bigguns: and the instant acceration. Very Very kool:cool: congrats.

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
DHGBULLITT said:
58 huh? Hell I'am 62 gotta love the whine :bigguns: and the instant acceration. Very Very kool:cool: congrats.
Like I tell my young coworkers....I'm in a "protected" class:lol: At least being old farts, we can spend our kids' inheritance! You're right...that whine is to die for! The acceleration ain't so bad either....:wink:
Bruce

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.