Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Taken from BON..
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE><snip>We have just completed a Bullitt for Treadwell Ford in Mobile, AL. Check it out. We installed an Extreme Sub System, front lowering springs (I know, it is lowered already), Caster Plus, Custom Strut Tower Brace, MGW Ltd. pieces inside the car (HVAC Knobs and Headlight Knob), front Poly Urethane Bushing Kit, Lower Chassis Brace, ICAM Fender Vents, Close-Ratio Shifter, Pirelli Tires, aluminum overlay for the dash and Performance Alignment. If you are interested in turning your 2001 Bullitt into a Kenny Brown Bullitt, please contact our Conversion Sales Department at 317.247.5320</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

The aftermarket interest begins.. :smile:

2001 DHG Bullitt #171

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Blakwing on 2001-06-19 18:17 ]</font>

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Man, them side screens are just f**king ugly. What a waste of a good Bullitt.......

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm still completely undecided about the vents. Kinda like the painting of the Kramer in Seinfeld..
"He's a loathsome brute.. yet I cannot look away.."

·
Registered
2 Posts
Let me introduce myself. My name is Tim and I am the Sales Manager for Kenny Brown Performance. I have been asked to get some pictures of the interior of our Bullitt. The day we finished the vehicle and took the pictures was the day Treadwell Ford came to pick up the vehicle. Needless to say, I do not have a lot of pictures. If you have any questions, please call me at 317.247.5320.
Thanks
Tim

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 1NastyFordGT on 2001-08-15 18:08 ]</font>

·
Registered
193 Posts
Tim,
My two cents. (Aint the internet great, you are getting free market research from an enthusiast. You are still paying too much) :smile:

My Bullit already handles slicker-n-snot. I don't need no more bracing or suspension mods.

My Bullitt looks sweet because the exterior is clean and retro looking. I don't need no air vents that look like they came off of a Mack truck on my front fenders. That aint retro - it's just plain goofy lookin'. Goofy, not hoopy.

I can put aluminum knobs on the dash myself.

I know it's a free world, and I don't mind if anyone else mods their car - but I don't think this is for me.

Good luck to you, though.
2001 Bullitt #1585

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: CatSmasher on 2001-06-19 20:15 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: CatSmasher on 2001-06-19 20:17 ]</font>

·
Registered
193 Posts
The side vents give me an idea though. A wonderful, horrible, hoopy doopy idea.

Wouldn't the Bullitt make a kick ass police interceptor? Could you see a side emblem and flashers where the fog lights would go.

Hey Nasty - Make something up on photoshop - It would be the bees knees man!

The CatSmasher

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
Let's remember what our car's are about. That Kenny Brown version takes the car out of
reference or omage (french) for commeration of the movie and makes it something else. So if you want something else buy that Kenny Brown edition. If you want factory ford tribute to the 1968 Bullitt buy the Bullitt.
I say it kicks ass. But i'm 40 so who gives a damn what I think???

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Yes, a cruiser edition Bullitt would be AWESOME...maybe then when they see me in my bullitt, they would let me get away with a little more velocity. What do you think, guys that are cops out there? lol =o)

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
The way I see it is there is one less original 2001 Bullitt in the world to compete with. GO KB. We love it.

Can you please do some more, please.

If possible please give us the Bullitt number so we can start making a list and cross it off.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
5,610 Posts
The first time I took my BULLITT to the station everyone asked if it was my new cruiser. I WISH!!! You COLD put some strobes in the front and rear lamps and wouldn't have to put a light bar on it. Ditto for the decals. Of course in Ohio to do traffic enforcement you have to have the light bar and decals. Oh well.
Cam

BTY - The KB BULLITT is okay if you need the extra suspension mods. I don't. Tim do you still have any pics of the black Crown Vic that you guys did a couple years ago with the police package? That was an awsome looking car!

·
Registered
568 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
Kinda like the painting of the Kramer in Seinfeld..
"He's a loathsome brute.. yet I cannot look away.."

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

I don't know ... more like the irony of Costanza's "The Art of Seduction." Damn thing's just ugly, looks like a Ricer add-on.

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think the shock tower brace is a good idea. We put one on my friends '86 police interceptor Mustang LX and it made a big improvement in the way the car handles.
I think the Kenny Bown package is going to appeal to the same people who add the Steeda suspension packages to their cars. Autocrossers and the like.
I wish they had better pics of the interior stuff. I got to see Lok's car and get a feel for some of the mods but I'd like a better view of the rest of the aluminum bits.. I don't think I'd want to do anything to the outside of the car to change it's appearance though.
I'd still like to know what the purpose of that side vent is.

2001 DHG Bullitt #171

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Blakwing on 2001-06-19 22:53 ]</font>

·
Registered
252 Posts
As far as the strut tower brace I think it is a wonderful idea. As far as the rest of the car I am not too sure. Part of me wants to say hey....a tuner....just tryin to add their little piece to the Mustang heritage and then there is the part of me that says this is a limited edition designed to commemorate and celebrate. Why can't they just leave it alone. Part of the appeal of the Bullitt to most of this crowd is the homage it pays to the past. Now he has given a car with clean lines some strange things like KB stickers and the messed up side vents. I guess I have come to an answer through my own ramblings. I DON'T LIKE IT. If you want a Mustang like that, do all those things to a standard GT and leave the limited edition alone. If it was meant to be a fancy, jazzed up design they would have had Saleen design the model. It is just a little disturbing that nothing seems to be sacred anymore. Now I know I have some of the MGW parts in my car. But then again these are slight enhancements made by the owner. To me it just looks like Kenney Brown is adding a little of his own to a good model and taking credit for a lot of work that isn't his. A KB edition Bullitt....gimmie a break....market it as a limited limited edition. How annoying! Sorry for the flame.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I agree with all of your ideas. On the same token, it is personal choice. I have a 1995 Cobra that is 1 of 535 cars made with the color combination. I love the Mustang and especially the Cobra. But as most people, I wanted more. I modded my car because it was mine and thats what I want to do. The customer wanted those side vents and now they have them. I do not know how many black Bullitts there were, but there is now only one serialized Kenny Brown Black Bullitt. I agree with you to. If I was a collector and wanted my car to be a collector or museum car, I wouldn't touch it. Because I drive my car everyday and want to take it to the track, I modded it. It is all what you want to do to the car.

·
Registered
959 Posts
My 2 cents... thumbs down on the side vents :razz: They are plain tacky..sorry MHO.

The chassis mods are std Mustang fair.. I plan to upgrade my suspension considerably as #66 will be lapping road courses a lot. The mods will be invisible for the most part. I like the looks of the car the way it is. No offense to you or KB, but slapping KB tackons to the outside of the car was a step backwards.

Brian

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
i'm sticking to my comments @ BON
the "thing" on the fender is pretty tacky/ugly, detracts from vehicles lines, smoothness, and beauty!
this is a factory supported, limited edition vehicle built to evoke the spirit, passion, and excitment of the 68 fastback from the movie
do NOT need the name KENNY BROWN attached to a Bullitt. part of the appeal and beauty of this car is it's simplicity, sleek lines, and LACK of custom tuner ( KENNY BROWN, Saleen, etc.) tack-ons, goo gaws, and adders
sorry but not just NO THANKS but stop ruining the visual appeal of the Bullitt.

starts to take the car down a road that i know somebody will do but i will hate(think of Mimi and her make-up from the Drew Carey show)
Kenny Brown, Saleen, Roush, and others are well respected and accomplished aftermarket tuners but leave the Bullitt alone. you're ruining it visually
chassis and suspension mods are fine,....IF YOU MUST!!!!

2001 Bullitt DHG #648

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mystang99 on 2001-06-20 11:43 ]</font>

·
Registered
264 Posts
I'm sorry but that fender vent reminds me of some type of midieval (sp? hate that word!) shield. Kind of goofy.

The shock brace though is a great idea!

Paul G.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Actually, mystang99, I think I read somewhere that Roush did have a hand in the tuning of the engine. I believe I read they are the ones that married the intake to the engine and worked up the computer settings for it...

1 - 20 of 48 Posts