Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stiffened up the front end, but didn't hurt the ride at all. Now when I power shift at 5500 rpm the front end doesn't twist. Now it stays nice and flat.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Nice pics 615! I noticed the studs holding the strut in don't protrude through the nuts any more. Are you concerned about them coming loose?

·
Registered
204 Posts
How much did it cost? How much does it weigh? Where did you get it? Did you have to do any additional drilling or where the holes/bolts already there? How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood? :smile:

·
Registered
264 Posts
I am going to buy one of these but I did have several questions about it as well.

I notice that the entire plate is under the shock mount. Wouldn't you have to get the alignment done after this? You would have to remove the complete upper mount to install, correct?

Paul G.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Direct from Kenny Brown. $159. Drilled 2 holes in the firewall. Didn't check the weight, but didn't seem too light or too heavy. There is enough adjustment in the brace to pull the struts back to thier original location. Had the alignment checked by a shop I've used for years. It was right on the money. I'm not worried about the nuts coming off because this picture was taken before I had torqued them down tight. Once torqued, they went past the top of the nuts.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Thanks 615 for answering my question. They sure looked like not much was there before the torqing. Kenny Brown makes good stuff. My neighbor used sub-frames from him on many cars and they're top notch.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I just get a lifetime alignment for my stangs anyway. 120 bucks at discount tire with a coupon at http://www.discounttires.com/aligncoup.html

even if you go get a cheap alignment for 40 bucks, that's only 3 alignments, and in my past experience, mustangs need alignments about as often as oil changes. okay, maybe every other oil change. :smile:

·
Registered
264 Posts
Thx for the answers to the questions 615! Looks great!

Paul G.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts