Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know who might still have one in stock? I really want to do this to Gail's Bullitt after putting one on my car but as of yet I can't find anyone with one still in stock! I already know the whole Kenny Brown story so I know it will be hard to find one! Any help is appreciated!

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
V8power.com lists Kenny Brown strut tower braces. But I've been told these are not actually KB braces. They are unauthorized copies. Anybody have any more info on these braces?

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
bluebullitt2180.1 said:
Anyone know who might still have one in stock? I really want to do this to Gail's Bullitt after putting one on my car but as of yet I can't find anyone with one still in stock! I already know the whole Kenny Brown story so I know it will be hard to find one! Any help is appreciated!
I have one on my Bullitt and I don't think that it is really worth the money. Others say that the MM K-member brace does much more and costs less.

·
Premium Member
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:lol: So are you saying you will sell me yours? :lol: for let's say the cost of the MM K-member brace?

No really I am kidding. Does anyone that has a K-member brace want to weigh in? anyone had one and swapped for the other?

I won't lie I like the way the brace looks AND I know it made a pretty big difference on my car.

·
Registered
672 Posts
i can get you a real new one call houston performance 281-893-6080 kenny still sells them to like 5 dealers i can get any kb parts he makes new

i have everything they make on my car

JEREMY

·
Premium Member
3,509 Posts
bluebullitt2180.1 said:
:lol: So are you saying you will sell me yours? :lol: for let's say the cost of the MM K-member brace?

No really I am kidding. Does anyone that has a K-member brace want to weigh in? anyone had one and swapped for the other?

I won't lie I like the way the brace looks AND I know it made a pretty big difference on my car.
Go with the K member brace but get a decent one - Avoid V8 Performance

Maximum Motorsports would get my vote and I could not believe how good a K member brace felt.

·
Premium Member
3,509 Posts
bullitt3350 said:
i can get you a real new one call houston performance 281-893-6080 kenny still sells them to like 5 dealers i can get any kb parts he makes new

i have everything they make on my car

JEREMY
Not being funny I can't see the brace listed with Houston Performance.
http://www.houstonperformance.com/
Can you give then a call and check as several members have been trying to get a real KB FRONT BRACE

Kenny Brown Super Subs 1979-1998
$95
Kenny Brown Super Subs Cobra 1996-2003 $95
Kenny Brown Matrix Brace $142
Kenny Brown Xtreme Matrix all years $289
Steeda strut tower brace $139
Jacking rails 1979-1993 $45
Jacking rails 1974-1998 $75
Roll cages and roll bars Call for information

·
Premium Member
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bob and Dee I trust both of your opinions. To Bob I ask does it make a difference in normal daily type driving or do you need to be pushing it to feel the difference? By the way I know you push your car on occasion! I really just want to tighten the car up a little. Dee did the Kenny Brown tighten you car up at all? I have had people tell me tower brace's made a huge difference and then others that said they didn't really do much. I know my car (the 05) is a lot stiffer up front than the Bullitt and I know the strut brace DID make a difference on it so I just assumed it would be even more obvious on the Bullitt. Thanks in advance because I know neither one of you could resist posting a reply!:lol:

·
Premium Member
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bob I will try to call them tomorrow. I just called but they were closed

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
bluebullitt2180.1 said:
Bob and Dee I trust both of your opinions. To Bob I ask does it make a difference in normal daily type driving or do you need to be pushing it to feel the difference? By the way I know you push your car on occasion! I really just want to tighten the car up a little. Dee did the Kenny Brown tighten you car up at all? I have had people tell me tower brace's made a huge difference and then others that said they didn't really do much. I know my car (the 05) is a lot stiffer up front than the Bullitt and I know the strut brace DID make a difference on it so I just assumed it would be even more obvious on the Bullitt. Thanks in advance because I know neither one of you could resist posting a reply!:lol:
I did not really notice any difference at all. Of course I already have welded in subframes and that may be why I don't feel the difference.

·
Premium Member
2,298 Posts
I called Houston Performance and although they don't have any in stock I was told that KB was starting back up slowly and maybe I could get one made in a week or so.

·
Premium Member
3,509 Posts
bluebullitt2180.1 said:
I like the K member brace and to me it is by far, THE BEST SINGLE MOD I HAVE DONE.
Normal driving and pushing it, this has trasformed MY car.

BlueBullitt2180 said:
I called Houston Performance and although they don't have any in stock I was told that KB was starting back up slowly and maybe I could get one made in a week or so.

If they can make you a real KB or get KB to make you one and you want one then go for that
BUT I can't stress enough please, please, please avoid the V8 Power one as it does not fit our car......

I might get mine to fit at some stage but it is not just a bolt on item.

·
Premium Member
2,298 Posts
I ordered a K-member brace from Maximum Motorsports this morning. Maybe I'll go for the KB later.

·
Premium Member
3,509 Posts
BlueBullitt2180 said:
I ordered a K-member brace from Maximum Motorsports this morning. Maybe I'll go for the KB later.
Geoff, I hope you and Gail are as happy with your K meber as I am.
After I replied earlier I got the car out and had some fun. Slow and easy down to gthe as station
and then I took it for a spin and did some faster stuff later on some windy roads.....
I am so happy with my car at the moment and my set up and having so uch fun as well.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts