Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i was exitting my garage today and this Z28 flies by me. So i step on it and cath up to him. The light turns red and i am the car behind his at the light. I rev my engine and he revs his too. I am not sure if it was stock or what. There was a sticker on the back that said S & H racing so i assumed it was modified and there were 4 exhaust pipes. I don't know if Z28's come like that or what... But as soon as the light turned Green he flew and i waited until i could pass the car next to me and i jumped into the right lane. And from there it was good bye Z28. And then the next light he looked at me and smiled i don't see why he... lost... I killed him. But an hour after i was on my way home and i saw a 2001 white convertible GT but i didn't race cause an old lasy was driving. Anyway i thought these Z28's were a challenge this one wasn't. I know for a fact its manual cause i have seen his car before on the BU campus and i looked in it. But could i be right that they are that much slower than ours.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
i know a bullitt can hold it's own, but are you sure he was giving it all he had? i have drove a six speed, and they are not the least bit slow.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Antabi, I don't know how old you are but I am a 41 year old woman who is on her way to Bondurant driving school tomorrow for a 3 day racing course. So don't assume that an "old woman" won't get on it.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Tracy,

I guess you told him, huh? :-B Hope you have a great time at the school - let me know how it turns out, ok?? Have a great holiday!

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
It kinda depends on what motor the Z-28 had. The LT1s, stock or even slightly modified, we'll take or hang with. I've killed plenty of LT1 block Z 28s. The LS1s, now, there's a different story.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I didn't mean to offend you women out there. Its just that the lady driver the stang had her little daughter with her so i didn't think she would race.
As for the guy driving the Z28. I don't see why he would REV his engine... i also saw him looking at me on the mirror and he had a grin on his face like he was going to take me but i proved him wrong.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Good Kill!, comparing the two cars, a lot has to do with the driver, however the Z/28's can definitely hang with or take us. I've raced several Z/28's so that's coming from experience. But, the LS1's are definitely way more of a car than the LT1 and most people find the Stang's to be a huge underdog so it's up to us true enthusiasts to prove them wrong.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts