Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

I was over at the BON message forums and was looking at the 1999-2001 Cobra message forum and noticed something I thought was very interesting. I saw several posts about pinging. It seems the 2001 cobra's are experiencing pinging whe warm, but it also seems they have the same/similar problem with cold start engine rattle and pinging. From the description I can't tell if it is the exact same problem. Most people are describing pinging under acceleration after being warm, which seems different, but if you read through the posts you will also see mention of a cold start rattle/hammer tapping sound. I find it interesting because one thing we have in common with the Cobra is the metal intake! Could it be the the metal intake is causing the sound to be more noticable on the Bullitt/Cobra than it is on the plastic intake of the GT? I think this might be worthwhile keeping track of. It seems like more than a coincidence to me.

Eric

·
Registered
586 Posts
I was cruising the Cobra forums for exactly the same reason. I just want to know what it is, and if a fix is in order or not. It really doesn't bug me that much as long as performance and reliability are not at risk.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts