Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 141 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
UPDATED WITH VIDEO - KR Exhaust VS Stock Bullitt - With Pictures!!

Three Bullittheads came together today for the sake of comparing the new GT500KR exhaust with a stock Bullitt exhaust. I just want to say that it was a pleasure to meet both RonReam - "Ron" and BUWITT3158 - "Rich". A couple of very nice fellows. We chatted about all things Bullitt - mods, likes, etc. We also talked alot about how dirty my car was - I swear it was beautiful when I left the house - the MD roads have a lot of salt laying on them - my tax dollars hard at work. Anyway here are some photos:



The 3 amigos - yes, mine is the one with the white stuff all over it.




We ended up getting some company:




He thought we were an "exclusive" club. We said - all are welcome. This car made me feel good - it was dirtier than mine! And he let his dog walk all over the leather seats. He was a very nice guy and very complimentary of our cars.



We actually were getting a lot of looks in the parking lot.




Here is Ron's Bullit - with the new exhaust:


Rich's Bullitt with the stock exhaust:



We all agreed the KR's look better. But how do they sound?

Never underestimate how aggravating the internet can be!!!:evil: ! Anyway, after much searching, I found a program that would convert the .VOB file to a .WMV file that I can upload to Photobucket. Of course, then Photobucket wanted to act dumb and not let me upload. The video is here. Please ignore the watermark as it was a trial version of the software. I hope it gives everyone a good comparison of the two. I think I am going to be $500.00 poorer............but happier.

Rich have no fear - I wasn't going to let it beat me - I would have stayed up all night trying to post this thing! Click the link to the video.



 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,300 Posts
Steve Thanks for sharing, Clss act inviting the Viper to join in.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
583 Posts
The KRs really sound good on the Bullitt I think even better than on the KR GT 500s I have seen the You tube Videos of anyway. They are louder but still have the Bullitt deep tone and a nice burble on the decel. I really think Ron's car sounded even more like the movie car when I listened to him drive away! Now I just need to raise some funds and will be ordering me a set, thanks Ron, no really thanks I wanted to hear them for myself!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
BUWITT 3158 said:
The KRs really sound good on the Bullitt I think even better than on the KR GT 500s I have seen the You tube Videos of anyway. They are louder but still have the Bullitt deep tone and a nice burble on the decel. I really think Ron's car sounded even more like the movie car when I listened to him drive away! Now I just need to raise some funds and will be ordering me a set, thanks Ron, no really thanks I wanted to hear them for myself!
Hopefully the video helps. :wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,300 Posts
Ron, IT does sound more like the orignal car from the movie.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
150 Posts
RonReam said:
Everything is stock Bullitt except the mufflers.

Sounds Good, huh?




.
Sounds TOO GOOD! I can see that joining this group is gonna cost me $$$.:wink:
Great comparison video.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,134 Posts
wish i was a bit closer would have made the run.The KRs sound similar to the SLPs I installed same deep rich tone with the burble to boot.Seems like a lot of Bullitts in the PA,NJ,MD area maybe we could find a halfway point one of these weekends.Great pics thanks for sharing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
583 Posts
Steve great job? They do sound good dont they! I stopped just to listen to Ron drive away and they sound even better under load and when decelerating. It was also great to meet and hang out with like minded motorheads-Bullittheads! We need to do this again the more the merrier!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,577 Posts
Thanks for the file. That was the best comparison I've heard so far. Now I can truly see the benefit of this exhaust.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
first ford said:
wish i was a bit closer would have made the run.The KRs sound similar to the SLPs I installed same deep rich tone with the burble to boot.Seems like a lot of Bullitts in the PA,NJ,MD area maybe we could find a halfway point one of these weekends.Great pics thanks for sharing.
Rick

I am only 1.5 hours from Philly. I am sure we can find a spot that is easy for all of us.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
7,235 Posts
Those KR mufflers do sound great on the Bullitt! And maybe better on the Bullitt,since the Bullitt had the restricted H pipe,for more crackle/pop to the exhaust!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
583 Posts
first ford said:
wish i was a bit closer would have made the run.The KRs sound similar to the SLPs I installed same deep rich tone with the burble to boot.Seems like a lot of Bullitts in the PA,NJ,MD area maybe we could find a halfway point one of these weekends.Great pics thanks for sharing.
We should definately get together again! I for one would like to see more Bullitts and meet people I only speak to here. I know there is the Nats but little local meet ups are easy and a great way to spend a day, morning or afternoon what ever!
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
5,011 Posts
Local Meet-Ups

BUWITT 3158 said:
We should definitely get together again! I for one would like to see more Bullitts and meet people I only speak to here. I know there is the Nats but little local meet ups are easy and a great way to spend a day, morning or afternoon what ever!
Perhaps there is some other local event we can join onto...

Here's something near to me in Shrewsbury, PA (close to where we met last Sunday and handy to I-83):
http://www.marketsatshrewsbury.com/
Click on "Events" at the top of the page. Then see the left sidebar for the Motor Menders event.

It might not be a bad place to meet on some Saturday, in any case...



.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,134 Posts
Let me know when you are planning to meet again. I will pack a lunch and try to make the trek this time.
 
1 - 20 of 141 Posts
Top