Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up some KR exhaust yesterday for the Bullitt. Polished it for a few today. Going to hit the other side tomorrow. Not sure if the body of this muffler is stainless, it didnt polish as well as my magnaflow cat back on my cobra but still looks better. Excited to get it on

Stock

during

·
Registered
309 Posts
96lasersnake,
If you're in SA let me know, I would like to listen to them once you get them on.
I have been tyring to decide between the KR's and the 5GT's from Ford.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
betoesca said:
96lasersnake,
If you're in SA let me know, I would like to listen to them once you get them on.
I have been tyring to decide between the KR's and the 5GT's from Ford.
For sure. I looked at both when I bought these. Really didnt like the tips on the 5gt's. I love that the KR's have the bullitt tips.

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Sweet enjoy the roar.Happy motoring.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
96lasersnake said:
... Not sure if the body of this muffler is stainless, ...
Try sticking a magnet to it. Chances are that if the magnet does not stick then it is stainless, if the magnet sticks then it is not stainless. Use a good quality magnet though, not a regular fridge magnet...

·
Registered
583 Posts
On the Ford Racing site the add says aluminized 409 stainless steel body. I think that there is an aluminum paint type coating on the muffler body. It allmost looks like it polished off the flat surfaces in the pictures and is still on the seems and tight areas that are hard to get to.

·
Registered
131 Posts
What's the part number for the KR exhaust?

·
Administrator
5,011 Posts
Cophawk said:
UPS delivered my KR's on Tuesday and their going on tonight at 1830 hrs. Can't wait to here em!
:cool: At 1930 hrs. I'm going to open my window to hear if you're done installing them...

·
Registered
131 Posts
That's the number I was thinking, but wanted to double check before I placed an order. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I just got back from having the KR's installed and all I can say is WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If you want a great sound with no drone inside the vehicle and a nasty growl, then these are the ones. The best part is no one will know the difference as the tips are the same.
I took it up the highway on my way home(long way) and beat the snot out of it and it sounds great. I only wish it wasn't so cold and I could have left the window down longer but at 100 mph it gets pretty windy and cold.
Anyone aspiring to install these won't be disappointed.
As one of the other Bullitt heads stated, it does now sound more like the movie car than the stock mufflers. And the gurgle when you back off is awesome.
Really, really happy I did this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts