Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am making plans to upgrade the brakes on my 04 Mustang GT to 04 Cobra Brakes (front and rear)with Power Slot rotors and stainless hoses. I am buying the parts myself.

For the labor, a Ford dealership wants $525 and a local shop that has done great work for me already, wants $290. The shop said that the job was two hours per axle.

So, for 4 hours work, the dealership wants $525 and the shop wants $290.

Find a good local shop and take good care of them including a tip for the tech. Let them know that you appreciate good work for a fair price.

dealerships ... why can't they see how they are screwing themselves?

Just imagine what the dealer would want for the parts.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
PhotoRick said:
I am making plans to upgrade the brakes on my 04 Mustang GT to 04 Cobra Brakes (front and rear)with Power Slot rotors and stainless hoses. I am buying the parts myself.

For the labor, a Ford dealership wants $525 and a local shop that has done great work for me already, wants $290. The shop said that the job was two hours per axle.

So, for 4 hours work, the dealership wants $525 and the shop wants $290.

Find a good local shop and take good care of them including a tip for the tech. Let them know that you appreciate good work for a fair price.

dealerships ... why can't they see how they are screwing themselves?

Just imagine what the dealer would want for the parts.
parts is around 1000 my price as an employee...their labor rate is a lil high out here it is 90 or so per hour...so 90x4=360 is what quote you woulda prolly gotten from us

·
Registered
506 Posts
The rear axles will need to be pulled did both shops count on that??????

Bring it to me Ill do it for $250. I need some modin money.... !!!!

·
Registered
506 Posts
The "Bullitt" and "Cobras" have a diferent mounting bracket and tone brace for the calipers. The look almost the same untill you put one next to the other, holes are about 1/2" off.

·
Premium Member
6,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
THANKS for the info and the link!

But why is it necessary to pull the axles? The brackets, braces and shields can't be replaced without pulling the axles?

·
Registered
506 Posts
Axle goes through the center of the caliper bracket. The hub and studs are just a wee bit to big to fit through..... :)

PS: not sure where you were getting them from, but Josh has been VERY good to me and has the best price and service hands down........

·
Premium Member
6,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, if you are truly qualified to do the work, maybe we can do some business. But my 04 GT is in Florida and will return to Michigan in April. We are only about an hour apart in Michigan.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts