Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Bullitt Ladies and Gents,
Well I finally had the time to get my Steeda caster/camber plates, Tokiko 5-ways, and Steeda cat-back put on the car. Here are my impressions:

Caster/camber plates: The car has much better/quick response in the turns. Rating 10 out of 10
5-way adjustables: Since I pretty much only use my car for weekend autocross events the flexibility these give me is great. I have been driving around on the street using setting #5 front and #3 rear. Which seems very similar to the Bullitt stock set up. However, 5 front 5 rear makes things very firm and probably wouldn't suit the tastes of those who want more of a cushion to their ride. Rating 10 out of 10
Steeda cat-back: Okay I know the only thing you really want is numbers. Yesterday, I dyno'd the car however, the system wasn't tightened and I developed a major leak causing poor performance. The graphs did showed a small gain along the entire curve in both torque and hp however the curve fell off sharply after 4500 rpm and was jagged due to the exhaust leak. Therefore I have no quantifiable dyno results to pass at this time. As for sound, it's more like a deep mellow (but loud) note as opposed to the rumble and loud note of the stock cat-back. Today, I had the exhaust tightened and re-clampped and I now believe that Steeda's dyno claims are accurate. For example, flooring from a 20 mph roll I just annihilate the tires with wheelspin, even with the TC on. As for finish, absolutely perfect however, the tips are not rolled. I plan to weld in some angled and rolled Dynomax tips which will return the car to its stock looking appearance, although the Dynomax tips are larger in diameter (4"). Rating 9 out 10, because I haven't gotten used to the exhaust note and I can't back up my SOTP dyno with real dyno results.
More to come, stay tuned.
Arthur

·
Registered
147 Posts
Hey Arthur,

Good to hear from you. I am finished with my power mods for the year and will be focusing on the chassis next year. It seems that my new found power is taxing the chassis. So, I plan on installing a Kenny Brown subframe system and strut tower brace to stiffen things up a bit. Then possibly a KB tubular k-frame with coil-overs. I love the long tubes and 3.73's. This car simply hauls a$$. Traction has become a problem even with the new tires. :grin:

·
Registered
394 Posts
Arthur,

Get that thing on rollers. I'm watching you closely as I think you are the best hope to beat 255rwhp (aka 300fwhp). This is my personal goal. 300+ HP at the flywheel and still maintain the character of the vehicle. You sold me on the LT's let's see what else you can sell me on!!

Good Luck,

Eric

·
Registered
394 Posts
Don't I feel dumb. I just read through you post in the dyno area and you have already surpassed 255rwhp!! I guess the bar has to be raised. I hope you put down 270+rwhp. That's Cobra power from an N/A 2-valve.

Again good luck,

Eric

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Eric my goal is 300 N/A with no changes to the block or a different cam. I have it on good authority that the potential of the Bullitt intake has yet to be realized. Brad, I told you traction would be an issue. Let us know what you think of the KB suspension mods. I may use their rear shock brace and strut tower brace but I need to do some laps on her first to get a good feel for where I'm at.
Stay tuned -- Arthur

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
nice mods once again Arthur!!
thanks for sharing and it's always good to hear from you bro!!!!
i hope you and yours are well!!

Marty

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Marty!!!

·
Registered
148 Posts
BRAD #1790 On your future purchase of strut tower brace. I talked to Steeda about one and was told theirs would cover up our Bullitt numbers. Even their ads state not for Bullitt. They are "working on it tho"
Is Kenny Browns mounted differently ? Worth looking into as fragile as our #s are. Your mod list is awsum!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Opps forgot to hit the signature box. Bad as leaving the xmas tree with the traction control on!

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Now Bob that would be a great idea indeed. Are you guys at Team Mustang listening??

1 - 11 of 11 Posts