Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After having the passenger side replaced three times I now have spots on both headlights. Can anyone tell me if Ford has a fix to this problem yet? If they do how do you know the headlight assembly is one with the fix? Thanks.

John

·
Registered
52 Posts
OH Man! I noticed that when going over a few of the Stangs in the parking lot. To make sure, you're talking about the ones that look to be on the inside, right? I made sure mine didn't have any but do they form after time?

·
Registered
168 Posts
2nd driver side here. A previous post had Art Hyde? e-mailing someone on this board on the same issue, basically he said it was caused by the bulbs. After June they put different bulbs in the assemblies. Dont know about this my 2nd replacement had spots straight out of the box! :sad:

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Stung, yes...the spots happen over time.

svtoa0100282, this is the first I am hearing that the bulbs cause the spotting. Can you point me to some documentation that I can bring to the dealership? Thanks.

John

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TrueBlueBullitt on 2001-10-09 21:23 ]</font>

·
Registered
168 Posts
There's a thrad here with an e-mail response to a Bullitt club member, can't remember the thread name but I know it's within the last month. Sorry not much help. Anyone else out there in Bullitt Land? I think you can do a search. I'll look see if I have any luck though.
Found one thread will look for the other w/e-mail reply, the one I found is under "Mechanical issues" Waterspots inside headlight lenses to start with.

DHG#1794

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: svtoa0100282 on 2001-10-09 22:43 ]</font>

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
I got a reply from Hyde that all lenses made since June are spot-free. My replacement lights installed about the first of September are clear.

The adhesive used to bond the lamps together left the residue on the inside.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Well I am going to my dealership on thurs. should I just ask them to replace mine? I think I have them on both sides!! Is that all I have to do then?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have the same problem on my left side, is the dealer replacing the defected lenses? Please let me know, if so, I taking her in....

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
JayP,

Which dealer did you use for the replacement lenses? I would like to replace mine but don't want to deal with a new dealer..

·
Registered
147 Posts
My passenger side hdlt has a fingerprint smudge on the inside! Quality is Job #1? Yeah right. At least it seems the dealers are taking care of it.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I too have spots on my passenger side headlight and was waiting to find our about the fix in this forum. Looks like they have corrected the problem, so I'll be calling my dealer to get it fixed. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Well my dealer fixed mine at no cost today!!
I don't know if they just pulled them off and
cleaned them or replaced with new ones but the spots are gone and that is what counts!

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
I had mine replaced about two months ago. They're spotted again! What's this world coming to?

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
Mine are on order, Appointment date to change out Spotty old lenses to nice new pretty clear lenses 16 Oct

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Stopped by the dealer on Friday. They are ordering two replacement headlights for me. Also talk to them about TSB 15175 on the defective 1-2 shift fork. They said the would take care of that as well when they do the headlights. The service advisor says they have done many transmissions already for this problem.

John

1 - 20 of 24 Posts