Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay... what is the "secret" to quick launches without any peelout?? what methods do u use in drag racing? do u rev and pop the clutch, or do u slowly let off the clutch, etc??

any help would be appreciated! when im by meslf, my launches seem to be perfect (i let off the clutch slowly), but when im side by side with another car, i tend to "dance" at the line, hopping a little... sigh..

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
by the way... i have (but havent installed yet) FordRacing 3.73 gears and aluminum driveshaft... so any "techniques" with these parts will help too!

thanx again!

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
GOOD Question!!! Racers????

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Heh... I roast em good, then stall under 2 grand. A slight burn out but I'm getting there. :smile: 14.12 is my best run now... I can do it stock damnit!!!

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
anyone else?

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
I am no pro but my brother is pretty darn good at draging. what hetold me is that run it up to about 23-2500 and when the second yellow goes out feather the clutch out then punch it. I have wheel spin, but not much and it seams to be working for me.

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
The trick is to let the clutch out just enough,at about 2000 RPM,to lightly spin or haze the tires,while applying the throttle. In other words,you be engaging the clutch gently while increasing power. Anything less results in a bog...anything more is spin city! It takes a lot of practice,and depends on track conditions.....every once in a while I hit it right,but then it blows the tires off going into 2nd gear. My theory.... keep the manual trans for the twisty backroad driving,the automatic for the strip! Then again,a pair of 9 inch slicks would change all of the above.....bring it up to 5000 and dump it! It might stay together for one run.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mus408 on 2001-12-15 19:37 ]</font>

1 - 8 of 8 Posts