Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to speak my thoughts on what it takes to be in the public service fields, especially police and fire. I can also speak from being in the military (reserves) for 8 yrs, '88-'96. In all of the training and scenarios that goes through your head before you start your shift each day, I have come across nothing, I mean NOTHING that would prepare me for the scene in New York and Washington D.C. I found tonight returning to work from my days off that it wasn't as busy as it usually is on a nice Friday night with the H.S. football team on a road game. I know when I worked Tuesday night I had to go on several calls at local gas stations for people arguing about who was in line first. It took all I had to not go off on these little people worrying about their gas tanks at a time like this. I won't even start on the station owners who raised their prices that night!!! The states AG has filed charges against 5 stations in the state for price gouging. I can only pray for the welfare of my fellow officers still missing in New York, last count 57 and the 202 missing firemen. If I could go there and work around the clock I would without hesitating a second. I am still numb, five days after this started. And for all of you who say that those police and fire personnel are the heroes, I have to disagree. The passengers on the flight that went down in Western PA are the true American heroes in all of this. I hope none of you have had to experience a loss in all of this. I also hope we can continue to be strong as a nation in the coming months and even years as this war goes on. In the words of President Bush..."God Bless America!"
Cam
Chillicothe Police Dept - 1997-Present
US Army Reserves - 1988-1996

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: chilli bullitt on 2001-09-14 23:38 ]</font>

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,047 Posts
If it weren't for the courage of several of the passengers on that flight, who knows what that plane would have crashed into! The wives of those men should be proud of their husbands for standing up to those terrorists before thousands of more American lives could have been lost-or the President's for that matter!

Vicki

·
Premium Member
12,773 Posts
Chilli Bullitt...I've heard there is a charity for the families of lost police/fireman, the Uniform Fireman Association??? I can't find a web site...does anyone have any info??

·
Super Moderator
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
3230, unfortunately there are people who try to take advantage of these situations. To ensure that your money goes where it is needed, you should contact your local police and/or fire department and they can point you in the right direction.
Cam

·
Registered
225 Posts
Chilli, it is hard to to even try to comprehend what you and your fellow protectors of the public are feeling other the lost of so many bothers and sisters in the New York aftermath,my heart and prayers go out to you and them. I would also like to take the time to say to you and all of the police and fireman in this great country, Thank You ,for the great job you guys and girls are doing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts