Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Last Friday evening at work (I work 2nd shift 2:30-11:00) after lunch about 7:00 pm the leedman came up to me and said "I wanna give you a heads-up come Mon. or Tue. the 2nd shift is gone" I said, WHAT!! OH CRAP!! That made for a BAD weekend NO sleep NO eat, etc. So I went in to work about a half hour early today expecting the plant manager to round all of us up tell us good bye. Well, I had a time card to punch, I thought that's strange why would they have a time card for all of us on the 2nd shift if we are layed-off? oh well, I clocked in. The plant manager comes over and starts telling me what they need painted tonight. I said hey, all sorts of rumors the 2nd shift is gone. He looks at me at starts laughing, I don't think so in fact over-time is coming got some big jobs that have to go as quick as we can put them out the door. Well, it seems the leedman got his info. from some guy who's brother works in the office and he turned out to be full of $hit. Let me tell you there were a lot of hanging heads walking around Friday night at work. So, after the first shift left we found that guy's locker (each locker is individual.) and we put it on a fork lift took it up to the ceiling (about 70 feet up) and welded to the ceiling.....:lol: I would love to see his face in the morning when he finally finds it. never screw with people's lively hood!!

OH YEHA, I ALMOST FORGOT......HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!! 48 BIG ONES TODAY!! WHO SAID BEING BORN ON FRIDAY THE 13TH IS BAD LUCK?

·
Registered
7,977 Posts
Happy belated B-DAY Mr. Swift, and good news about no layoffs.

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
Glad you weren't layed off. I work for the Government and I have been cut, reassigned and transfered several times in cut backs. I was layed off from GM back in the day, and was in construction before that. And yah, I was layed off there too! NOT FUN! I know what it feels like for the fit to hit the shan...

·
Registered
826 Posts
You forgot to stuff the guy into his locker before you welded it to the ceiling.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
rblack4405 said:
What happened about the locker?

I was told he looked and looked and looked and finally some one told him to look up.
He hung around after his shift waiting for us. He started to rant and rave but about that time the plant manager showed up and asked what the problem was and we all shut up and went about or business. The foreman on first shift got a big laugh out of it, (I don't think the foreman cares for him to much.) he made him go up and cut it loose. they said he almost peed in his pants (afraid of heights.) I think he'll keep his mouth shut from now on. Like my mom said you shouldn't listen to rumers anyway. She's right but, we just didn't know. It's happened that way (lay-offs) in the past.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts