Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No kidding! While testing the new 4 inch Densecharger system,and even though there was a large fan in front of the car,a small size electric leaf blower,1ft. away from the fog light hole/filter area,was worth that much across the RPM range. This simulates airflow at road speed,with the Densecharger setup,in the down position.

BLOWER NO BLOWER

RPM 3000 HP 140.3 HP 136.0
TQ 245.6 TQ 239.3

RPM 4200 HP 218 HP 212.4
TQ 272.8 TQ 265.5

RPM 4900 HP 235 HP 228.7
TQ 251.5 TQ 245.0

Bring your blower!

Max power with 4 inch setup was 236 HP at 5000 RPM on first run,as compared to 227 HP with factory air box/paper filter setup.
Due to some testing errors,a new 3 inch test will be conducted to compare to the new 4 inch setup. Road test show a bit more torque at 3000 with the 3 inch system. The 4 inch should work better on a Cobra.
NOTE: The numbers shown didn't line up right,when I entered the post. Larger numbers for HP and TQ are for the leaf blower results.....Sorry!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mus408 on 2001-08-15 15:28 ]</font>

·
Registered
394 Posts
Mus408,

Are you feeling a little better about your dyno results? It looks like your initial dyno run results were off after all.

Congrats on the good numbers!

Eric

·
Registered
762 Posts
Mus408 thanks for keeping us updated with your tests. John sent me an e-mail about the project you were working on so I was anxious to see the results. It's good to have real data to back up claims about aftermarket parts. I'm sure that I am not the only one who has been burned by manfacturer/tuner "A" saying his product gives "X" amount of HP and torque. My recalibrated chip is on the way back from PHP and I'm looking forward to it and the Bullitt kit.

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
0208,YES I am feeling better about the power. You learn something new every time you test. Airflow around the car can make a big difference. Now to fab.up those front end leaf blower brackets,and power supply!!

·
Registered
393 Posts
Did you ever run the leaf blower with the stock airbox/silencer/paper filter setup? I'm wondering if it too would have come up from the 227 with no simulated air flow??

·
Registered
3,455 Posts
You guys at densecharger are doing a great job at figuring out real world data concerning these mods. I want to purchase one of the two different diameters. It sounds like your close to figuring out which one really works best depending on if you want more at the high end or low, right!!!!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts