Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else had a problem with their third brake light leaking water during heavy downpours? I had this problem about 6 months ago b/c my brake light had warped over time pretty badly. I went out and replaced it with another light assembly and thought that would be the end of the problem for a few more years at least. Last night it rained pretty hard down here in sunny Florida and water managed to find its way into the trunk via the light again. I'm assuming the best method to fix it now would be to remove the lamp and apply a thin coat of weatherstripping sealant along the gasket/trunk surface. Has anyone else had to do this? Btw, thanks Ford for not selling the gasket seperately and suggesting that I buy yet another brake light assembly to obtain a new gasket.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Never seen that problem yet since my car hasn't been in the rain, but your weatherstripping idea sounds like a good fix....

·
Registered
107 Posts
BLACK_2425 said:
Never seen that problem yet since my car hasn't been in the rain, but your weatherstripping idea sounds like a good fix....
Sure. Rub it in why don't ya. "MY car hasn't been in the rain." :razz:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts